lik-sang.com

Cloud121

Established Member
I'm getting a mod-chip soon from lik-sang. how much would shipping cost to Iowa/USA? also check this link:

http://www.playthegames.com/satmodstep8.html

do the chips from lik-sang come pre-soldered?

IIRC, Lik-Sang's online order system will tell you how much shipping costs. It shouldn't be outrageous for a small item like a modboard; my guess is around $7. This should be verified with them though.

(obligatory Fake Lik-Sang gripe goes here)

two questions: do they come pre-soldered as shown in the link at playthegames.com? and what does IIRC mean?

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly (Acronym Finder is your friend)

As for whether or not they come with wires pre-attached, I really don't know. However, I'd imagine that if you can't solder the wires at the modboard, you'll have a bit of trouble soldering the Saturn end - the clock wire has to attach to either an SOIC or PLCC package...

I ordered a Saturn modchip from them a few months ago and it arrived within a week (I live in the UK) and carriage was about £6 (I think about $9). It also came with the 2 wires already (badly) soldered to it .

I would recommend them, and I also got a free DVD showing footage of many upcomping DC/PS2/GC/XBox games.

I hope this helps :)

alright! thanks a lot guys!! lik-sang it is!! (if you check out my other mod-chip post about all those other places, you'll see how confused I am)

Confusion = Bad. Crapped out HK Dealers = Bad. Little white boys trying to make money off people = Bad. Women in short shorts = Bad. Guys in short shorts = Even worse. Saturn = Good. Modchip = pointless to some extent.

Why buy one when you can use swap trick?

Quote: from Despa on 6:53 pm on Oct. 28, 2001

Confusion = Bad. Crapped out HK Dealers = Bad. Little white boys trying to make money off people = Bad. Women in short shorts = Bad. Guys in short shorts = Even worse. Saturn = Good. Modchip = pointless to some extent.

Why buy one when you can use swap trick?

Well, to prevent potential damage to the drive mechanism, or the laser (from slammin' them discs down hard), or the spindle or the discs themselves. And to save many hours of frustration that comes from just missing the #### swap by a fraction of a second.

Good enough reasons?

the swap also is a royal pain on some games (alien trilogy for example), i personally feel the money spent on a modchip is money well spent, unless you can find all the games you really want as originals

wish i would have seen this earlier....i got a mod from lik sang and it fried my system. the wires they had on my mod were the opposite color of the ones on their mod page thus i sent power to where the signal shoul dhave went. bootes up the system.....2 seconds of smoke....dead saturn. be careful.

also the wires they supplied were hardly adequate in length :(

(Edited by Dyne at 8:41 pm on Oct. 28, 2001)

Quote: from Dyne on 6:40 pm on Oct. 28, 2001

wish i would have seen this earlier....i got a mod from lik sang and it fried my system. the wires they had on my mod were the opposite color of the ones on their mod page thus i sent power to where the signal shoul dhave went. bootes up the system.....2 seconds of smoke....dead saturn. be careful.

also the wires they supplied were hardly adequate in length :(

(Edited by Dyne at 8:41 pm on Oct. 28, 2001)

someone please confirm this. is it just his chip? or have other people that have ordered chips from them had the wire colors switched?

Yes.. that happens quite a bit. And as someone posted earlier, the saturn's drive stops when slowed down manually so that not near as much damage is done... and you'd have to slam a disc down pretty hard to damage that laser.. lol. Maybe I just have above average eye/ear/hand coordination, because I've never had any problems with the swap trick whatsoever.. never even have had the timing go wrong. Oh well, it's your choice, but as Dyne said, things happen.

yeah it did suck....but it's a lesson i learned and hopefully now you all can learn. i tried to take the simple way out and do something myself for cheaper than sending my system somewhere and i got shafted. oh well....in the end it made me get a v-saturn to replace my old system and i just love the v-saturns boot up sound, so in the end i'm not bitter. just think over any choices you might make and if saving money is anywhere in the picture....wait a while until you get the necessary funds. i wish i did :)

Cloud: I think that 3 of 4 that I ordered from Lik-Sang have had the opposite wire colour attachment than the image supplied on their page. Instead of looking at the wire colour, look at where the wires are attached. You'll probably have to replace one of the wires anyway as it is usually too short to reach the power.

consolekings mods also have 1 wire too short (they look to be the same chips as lik sang use) so i dont think its caused by lik sang, rather whoever they buy the mod's from

Back