List of your favorite quotes

Cloud121

Established Member
Here are mine. I just rememberd a couple more, but I don't have time to add them right now.

"I wonder what people will see in the final days?" - Rolf, Phantasy Star II

"I can see the pity and confusion in your eyes. I will never forgive you for what you have done." - Amy, Phantasy Star II

"There are my parting words to you: Those who give up are doomed!" - Anna, Phantasy Star II

"You have shown me the ugliness of continued existence." - Hugh, Phantasy Star II

"We shall make you see how it feels to lose something that you love." - Rudo, Phantasy Star II

"I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future!" - Shir, Phantasy Star II

"I would've done anything. Even sacrificed my own life, if it meant the peaceful repose of Alys' soul." - Chaz, Phantasy Star IV

"There is no one single truth." - Rune, Phantasy Star IV

"Perhaps there was an age where people dreamed of the possibilites in the Outer Space...." - Heero, Gundam Wing

"Huh? What's this? Those sparkles.... they're my tears...." - Trowa Barton, Gundam Wing

"You're afraid of dying. Aren't you guys? In that case, you shouldn't be fighting at all!" - Quatre, Gundam Wing

"If everything has gone crazy, then I'll believe in myself and keep fighting. Quatre... I'm gonna kill you...." - Heero, Gundam Wing

"Oh Quatre, it doesn't matter how it happened, but the colonies have teamed up with OZ. And we have to keep in mind that it does mark the end of a war. At the same time, it means that our missions have come to an end. From our point of view, it's disappointing that the colonies that we've been fighting for have changed their perspectives. That's what happens in wars. We've got no choice but to accept it. The only question left, is what happens to the remaining soldiers. What happens within our hearts. With us Gundam pilots, we were completely trained to be soldiers before we even realized it. When you put everything into a battle, you start to think you can change the times all by yourself don't you? But Quatre, you're not the only one who feels that way. We all do. But the kinder you are, the bigger the toll it takes on you. We have to fight with ourselves. Within our hearts. And we have to do it harshly, in order to come to the right conclusions. Even if it means our battles to date are meaningless. We have to acknowledge the facts. The five of us have become nothing more than the Gundam soldiers Quatre. So now, let's accept it. Turn back into the nice guy I once knew. I just hope that something triggers your mind and calms you down... Something...." - Trowa Barton, Gundam Wing

"Tradition is a history. It's a history of caring built by deep true feelings of people. I do think, that fighting in battles can indeed, at times, be beautiful. But at the same time, I'd like to express my regret over the lost souls, by appealing to you, to recognize how priceless man's life is. I believe what mankind needs, is not absolute victory, but a certain demeanor in fighting. An attitude toward fighting. I fear that the era of the souless weapons called "Mobile Dolls", in other words, the era that the Romafellar Foundation is creating, may become an embarrassment to the people of the future. I used to think that the ideals of people in the space colonies, such as their highly prized pacifism, were just pitiful complaints born out of their ignorance of tradition. New warriors were born that surpassed even my ideals. The Gundam Pilots. Tradition appears blurred alongside their pure feelings. From a historical point of view, warriors who have lost what they were protecting, and were further betrayed by those they were protecting, are losers. But they do not recognize themselves as such. Not only that, but they retain a strong will to continue fighting. The emotions of those who have thought to be beautiful, are always full of sorrow. And all our tradition disappears in the cry of the weak. Winners of a battle will eventually decline in power, and become losers. And then those losers will cultivate a new leader." - Treize Kushrenada, Gundam Wing

"Hurry and return to me Zechs. Or else OZ will allow worthless actions, by worthless people." - Treize Kushrenada, Gundam Wing

"Hey Al? I'm most likely going to die. But whatever happens, don't hate the Gundam pilot, and don't go hating the Feddy soldiers. Because they're like us, you and me, they're just people simply doing what they think is right, that's all. I know that it's hard, but try not to hate them. And don't blame yourself either okay?" - Bernie, Gundam 0080

"I want to join SOLDIER. I'm going to be the best there is. Just like Sephiroth" - Cloud, Final Fantasy VII

"I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

"A manslayer, is a manslayer until the day he dies. There's no doubt that Batousaii is forever a part of my true self. Destined to only live and breathe in the heat of battle.... The times are drifting by again, and they're no longer allowing me to remain still, like they used to..." - Kenshin Himura, Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X

"The only way to give a flower to a cop is by dropping a flower pot on his head."

-William S. Burroughs

"There is no greater harm that we can do to our children than to teach them to seek out those only like themselves." Nietzsche

Windows (win'-doze) 95 (n.): 32-bit extensions to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

-Unknown

"The biggest threat is not the weapon your opponent is showing you. The biggest threat is the weapon your opponent is not showing you."

- Toshitsugu Takamatsu

Duke Nukem 3D

- "Your face, your ass... What's the difference"

- "What are you waiting for? Christmas?"

Originally posted by IceMan2k@May 7, 2004 @ 06:59 PM

Duke Nukem 3D

- "Your face, your ass... What's the difference"

- "What are you waiting for? Christmas?"

I love this game :D

It's just soooo deep ;)

"I'm not even supposed to be here today" -Dante of clerks

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it" - Ferris Bueller

"You better spray my ass, Cause I just shit my pants!" - Jack black

"

look at my sig....another duke one, my fave:

- "it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum.......and i'm all outta gum"

I have loads of quote I like, this is what I can think of at the moment:

From Metal gear Solid:

"Foolish man. He prayed for death, and it found him. You see, Snake? You can't protect anyone, not even yourself." - Liquid Snake

"So the Snake has Finally come out of his Hole" - Liquid Snake

"I'm you, I'm your Shadow" - Liquid Snake

"Ha ha ha ha ha... That's right, you belong on the ground. You should crawl on the ground like the Snake you are." - Vulcan Raven

Now in front of you. I can finally die. After Zanzibar, I was taken from the battle neither truly alive nor truly dead... an undying shadow in the world of lights. But soon... soon. It will finally...end. - Gray Fox

Also not really a quote but this bit from The Curse of Monkey Island always makes me laugh:

Captain Blondebeard: Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

<Short guitar solo>

Guybrush Threepwood: [as El Pollo Diablo] Sí! He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

That was originaly said by 1980's WWF wrestler Roudy Roddy Piper.

"A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age." -- Jim Steinman

Originally posted by VertigoXX@May 8, 2004 @ 07:14 AM

That was originaly said by 1980's WWF wrestler Roudy Roddy Piper.

"A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age." -- Jim Steinman

Yeah, I remember him (Roddy Piper) saying that in the movie "They Live". That movie kicked ASS!

I'd forgotten this one...

"If you are going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Cloud121@May 8, 2004 @ 10:07 AM

...That movie kicked ASS!

Probably because he was all outta' gum. ;)

Anyway, a legel quote - I'm not sure of it's origins.

"If you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. If you have the law on your side, argue the law. If you have neither, pound the table!"

This is a tough one; there are so many good quotes, but I'll see what I can recall on such short notice :). See sig, and:

"The great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from."

-- Variously attributed to Andrew Tanembaum, Grace Hopper, and lots of other people; basically timeless.

"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers."

-- Richard Feynman

"I don't think comparing Edison to a late '80s rock band does either much good."

-- Matrix272, (on Slashdot)

"Do I have to go to a fourth party to end this stupid drug war?"

-- Bill Maher, to Ralph Nader

Lord Refa: Oh, Londo, you are a fool. You walk away from the greatest power I have even seen, and now you expect me to do the same. They are the key to my eventual rise to the throne. Why would I abandon them?

Londo Mollari: Because I have asked you. And because your loyalty to our people should be greater than your ambition. And because I have poisoned your drink.

-- Babylon 5, Ceremonies of Light and Dark

Lennier: I'm trying to avoid breaking a promise by .. breaking a promise. I promised Delenn that I would not speak of this to the Captain or let him know. She did not mention you by name, but that was implicit. If I tell the others in the chain of command, then Sheridan will find out and I will have broken the promise. But if I break my promise by telling you, since you are not in the chain of command, he may not find out about this and I will have not broken the promise.

Marcus Cole: I'm in awe, Lennier. The way you can take a straightforward, logical proposition and turn it inside-out so that in the end it says .. what you want it to say instead of what it actually means. Does this come naturally or did you .. attend some special martial arts class for the philosophically inclined?

-- Babylon 5, Grey 17 is Missing

"Yes, yes, Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

-- Zathras; Babylon 5, War Without End (Part 1)

Susan Ivanova: Ambassador. Do you really want to know what's going on down there right now?

Londo Mollari: Yes, absolutely.

Susan Ivanova: Boom. Boom, boom, boom. Boom, boom. BOOM! Have a nice day.

-- Babylon 5, A Voice in the Wilderness (Part 2)

Well, that's all for now. If I remember any particularly noteworthy ones they'll magically appear later. :)

edit: not sure why I forgot this one:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."

-- Philippians 2:3 (I'm agnostic, but not averse to holding the Bible in the same regard as, say, The Grapes of Wrath)

edit: unpacked my last couple of boxes and found a couple books I wanted to quote from but couldn't find quoted online:

"If you are going to be a physicist, you will have a lot to study: two hundred years of the most rapidly developing field of knowledge that there is. So much knowledge, in fact, that you might think that you cannot learn all of it in four years, and truly you cannot; you will have to go to graduate school too!"

-- Richard Feynman, Lectures on Physics (by way of Six Easy Pieces, which is excellent reading even if you're not a physics student :))

there's also a Ray Kurzweil quote that I want to find, but it will take a bit <_<

"I wonder what the people will see in the final days?" - Rolf, Phantasy Star II

"I can see the pity and confusion in your eyes. I will never forgive you for what you have done." - Amy Sage, Phantasy Star II

"There are my parting words to you: Those who give up are doomed!" - Anna Zirsky, Phantasy Star II

"You have shown me the ugliness of continued existence." - Hugh Thompson, Phantasy Star II

"We shall make you see how it feels to lose something that you love." - Rudo Steiner, Phantasy Star II

"I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future!" - Shir Gold, Phantasy Star II

"I would've done anything. Even sacrificed my own life, if it meant the peaceful repose of Alys' soul." - Chaz Ashley, Phantasy Star IV

"There is no one single truth." - Rune Walsh, Phantasy Star IV

"Four Motavians flee, fly and fall, right on my temple hall!" - Raja, Phantasy Star IV

"Perhaps there was an age where people dreamed of the possibilites in the Outer Space...." - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing Episode 18: Tallgeese Destroyed

"Huh? What's this? Those sparkles.... they're my tears...." - Trowa Barton, Gundam Wing Episode 20: The Lunar Base Infiltration

"You're afraid of dying, aren't you guys. In that case, you shouldn't be fighting at all!" - Quatre Raberba Winner, Gundam Wing Episode 24: The Gundam They Called Zero

"If everything has gone crazy, then I'll believe in myself and keep fighting. Quatre... I'm gonna kill you...." - Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing Episode 24: The Gundam They Called Zero

"Oh Quatre, it doesn't matter how it happened, but the colonies have teamed up with OZ. And we have to keep in mind that it does mark the end of a war. At the same time, it means that our missions have come to an end. From our point of view, it's disappointing that the colonies that we've been fighting for have changed their perspectives. That's what happens in wars. We've got no choice but to accept it. The only question left, is what happens to the remaining soldiers. What happens within our hearts. With us Gundam pilots, we were completely trained to be soldiers before we even realized it. When you put everything into a battle, you start to think you can change the times all by yourself don't you? But Quatre, you're not the only one who feels that way. We all do. But the kinder you are, the bigger the toll it takes on you. We have to fight with ourselves. Within our hearts. And we have to do it harshly, in order to come to the right conclusions. Even if it means our battles to date are meaningless. We have to acknowledge the facts. The five of us have become nothing more than the Gundam soldiers Quatre. So now, let's accept it. Turn back into the nice guy I once knew. I just hope that something triggers your mind and calms you down... Something...." - Trowa Barton, Gundam Wing Episode 24: The Gundam They Called Zero

"Tradition is a history. It's a history of caring built by deep true feelings of people. I do think, that fighting in battles can indeed, at times, be beautiful. But at the same time, I'd like to express my regret over the lost souls, by appealing to you, to recognize how priceless man's life is. I believe what mankind needs, is not absolute victory, but a certain demeanor in fighting. An attitude toward fighting. I fear that the era of the souless weapons called "Mobile Dolls", in other words, the era that the Romefeller Foundation is creating, may become an embarrassment to the people of the future. I used to think that the ideals of people in the space colonies, such as their highly prized pacifism, were just pitiful complaints born out of their ignorance of tradition. New warriors were born that surpassed even my ideals. The Gundam Pilots. Tradition appears blurred alongside their pure feelings. From a historical point of view, warriors who have lost what they were protecting, and were further betrayed by those they were protecting, are losers. But they do not recognize themselves as such. Not only that, but they retain a strong will to continue fighting. The emotions of those who have thought to be beautiful, are always full of sorrow. And all our tradition disappears in the cry of the weak. Winners of a battle will eventually decline in power, and become losers. And then those losers will cultivate a new leader." - Treize Kushrenada, Gundam Wing Episode 25: Quatre vs Heero

"Hurry and return to me Zechs. Or else OZ will allow worthless actions, by worthless people." - Treize Kushrenada, Gundam Wing

"Wars truly are heartless indeed..." - Zechs Merchise, Gundam Wing

"Hey Al? I'm most likely going to die. But whatever happens, don't hate the Gundam pilot, and don't go hating the Feddy soldiers. Because they're like us, you and me, they're just people simply doing what they think is right, that's all. I know that it's hard, but try not to hate them. And don't blame yourself either okay?" - Bernie, Gundam 0080 Episode 6: War in the Pocket

"Huh? What? I can feel deep sorrow from his fingers.... Undefeated of The East's fist.... it's crying.... His sadness beats in my heart.... That's right! The the fists are the way for someone to express his soul. It is this man who taught me that fact! Then, is this his soul shouting out?" - Domon Kasshu, G Gundam Episode 45: Farewell Master! Master Asia's Last Breath

"If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use!" - Kira Yamato, Gundam SEED Episode 6: The Vanishing Gundam

"There is no meaning in having a war, unless one can end it in victory." - Patrick Zala, Gundam SEED Episode 14: In The Endless Time

"Each side strives for justice, but both have a different idea of what that means. And so in the battlefield, all those who strike at the enemy, do so for their just cause." - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED Episode 14: In The Endless Time

"The reason everything happens, is because it was destined to occur. Is it safe to say all this has been the work of destiny?" - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED Episode 14: In The Endless Time

"The Dove is a symbol of peace. It's not born with the type of sharp beak or claws which could inflict a fatal attack. So they say if these birds were pitted aginst each other, it'd undoubtedly be a long gruesome battle." - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED Episode 14: In The Endless Time

"An enemy with one shares a past... How much simpler it would be if one had no misgivings about firing at such an opponent." - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED Episode 14: In The Endless Time

"Tell me, do you feel my spirit, my presence? Do you sense it the same way I sense yours?" - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED Episode 2: Its Name: Gundam

"Suspicion. Ignorance. Prejudice. The dark emotions directed at those who can be loved. If love is the brightest light, then, are these emotions created from the shadow it casts?" - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED Episode 14: In The Endless Time

"Things that are different. Things we don't understand. Differences that foster anxiety. Leading to hatred, and eventually, confrontation." - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED Episode 14: In The Endless Time

"The roots of human feeling. Even if that much is understood, the human mind, for some reason, will not change. Those who have a gift fail to understand the feelings of those who don't. And those who don't, envy those who do." - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED Episode 14: In The Endless Time

"Those who are different, those who differ from oneself, yet those who one can supposedly love..."- Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED Episode 14: In The Endless Time

"Such feelings, however, aren't exactly expressed when one pulls the trigger." - Rau Le Creuset, Gundam SEED Episode 14: In The Endless Time

"But this stance those people take, I don't think they're exactly wrong. Anyone who has their genes operated on, when they're not sick or anything, is against what nature intended." - Flay Allster, Gundam SEED Episode 8: The Songstress of the Enemy Forces

"What is it one should be fighting against? War makes that question very difficult." - Lacus Clyne, Gundam SEED Episode 11: Awakening Blade

"I want to join SOLDIER. I'm going to be the best there is, just like Sephiroth." - Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

"I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

"A manslayer, is a manslayer until the day he dies. There's no doubt that Batousai is forever a part of my true self. Destined to only live and breathe in the heat of battle.... The times are drifting by again, and they're no longer allowing me to remain still, like they used to..." - Kenshin Himura, Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X

"Do you think a man can change his destiny?" - Katsumoto, The Last Samurai

"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed." - Nathan Algren, The Last Samurai

"It takes no courage to kill a man from half a mile away." - Katsumoto, The Last Samurai

"Do you place no value at all on human life?" Nathan Algren, The Last Samurai

"Taking a man's life is nothing, but you cannot take away his honor." - Katsumoto, The Last Samurai

"Our lives mean nothing. Honor, is everything." - Katsumoto, The Last Samurai

"Nations, like men, it is sometimes said, have their own destiny." - Simon Graham, The Last Samurai

"As for the American Captain, no one knows what became of him. Some say, that he died of his wounds. Others, that he returned to his own country. But I like to think, he may have at last, found some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find..." - Simon Graham, The Last Samurai

Back