Listing of games where you are the bad guy?

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Post any games you know of that go against the mainstream and your main guy is the bad guy. For any system or pc.

In the PC shooter The Reap, you're part of an alien armada invading Earth. You can even abduct people and cattle for bonus points!

In the old C64 game Nemesis the Warlock you play as the hero/antihero of the old 2000AD comic.

There's also an old (multi-platform) game called "How to be a Complete Bastard" where the objective is, well.. to be a bastard and wreck a party.

In the Megadrive game Haunting you play as a poltergeist trying to scare some people away from a house, but I think they used some story to justify the behaviour.

In Counter-Strike you can play as a terrorist.

Alien vs. Predator.

Many war games let you play as either side.

The Dungeon Keeper games cast you as the evil overlord of a dungeon, and you must lay traps and build an army to fight the "heroes" who venture in to destroy you and take your treasure.

In the Grand Theft Auto series you play a crazy mass-murderer (at least the way I play).

In the Star Wars flight sim games you can be the Imperials. Also, games like Medal of Honor and Return to Castle Wolfenstein let you be the Nazis in multiplayer.

Some real RPGs (eg. the Fallout series) let you play as any sort of character you want.

In all the Rambo games you play a capitalist pig-dog oppressor of the proletariat.

Blood Omen Legacy Of Kain, Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, and Blood Omen 2 come to mind as being a saga of games that endure in being "bad" or "evil."

Although the main character, Kain is getting revenge against the Sarafan for eternal death, the way he kills is gruesomely fun!!

Raziel in the Soul Reaver games is actually trying to destroy Kain and the way he reaps through the different vampire clans is very nice and very bad!!

I LIKE IT!!!

Wario games
smile.gif

Originally posted by antime@Jan. 31 2003, 7:20 am

In the Megadrive game Haunting you play as a poltergeist trying to scare some people away from a house, but I think they used some story to justify the behaviour.

Those people were responsible for your character's death
smile.gif

Also, almost every fighting game lets you choose the bad guy, and you could play as Reala in NiGHTS. In Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World, you can eat people with your T-Rex
biggrin.gif
heh, that's the best part of the game. And well... who hasn't played Carmageddon?

I was going to mention Tom and Jerry, but I'm not sure about Tom being the bad guy :
wink.gif
:

Warcraft III - your hero turns into an anti-hero. I haven't finished the game, so maybe he turns back again, but for a while he's a complete death-dealing, peasant-slaughtering, town-razing bastard.

Originally posted by Curtis@Jan. 31 2003, 7:27 pm

Warcraft III - your hero turns into an anti-hero. I haven't finished the game, so maybe he turns back again, but for a while he's a complete death-dealing, peasant-slaughtering, town-razing bastard.

He doesn't come back. And don't worry, he comes to be a secondary character so I didn't ruin the history of the game for you.

Back