Longest Load Time EVER!

I couldn't even finish the video, I got too bored... that's horrible... that's the major draw of the DS and GBA as I see it... no load times...

I saw that the other day on GameFAQs. I love that video.

My favorite part... "It's loading the loading screen!"

:D :p

I kept coming back to see if it was done yet. It's real sad how long it takes to just load the "Loading" screen.

Sigh... How quickly you kids forget the days of Commodore 64... That took a MINIMUM of 20 minutes to load a game.

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Sat, 2006-02-25 @ 08:02 AM

Sigh... How quickly you kids forget the days of Commodore 64... That took a MINIMUM of 20 minutes to load a game.

[post=144698]Quoted post[/post]​

The Commo what? Is that like the Nintendo 64?

*Cranky old voice* why back in my day we had only 1 game, and it took hours to react to the button being pressed. :p

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Sun, 2006-02-26 @ 01:02 AM

[post=144698]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, I've got a C64. Don't use it much anymore but I can tell you that most of the disk based games i've played loaded in half the time it took for that video to play

Wow... I used to get upset with the loading time of Albert Odyssey on the Saturn; nevermind Willy Beamish.

And yes, the C64 may have taken sometime to load... but that came out over 20 years ago! TWENTY YEARS AGO! And we still haven't fixed this problem?

Can anyone verify this? I played the PS2 version of the game and the load time are annoying as hell as well. Brought back found memories of Fire Pro =)

Anyway, could it be that this guy's game is scratched? I haven't seen too many posts on the web complaining about the load times. If I had a game that loaded like this I would return it.

Actually, since I've posted this, I've heard that there are a few other PSP games that are slightly worse.

And no, its not because of a scratched disc -- this is the real thing...

The PSP's disc drive is not the fastest. Not to mention it uses battery a lot quicker than a cart.

If the PSP version is anything like the PS2 version, the load times are ridiculous. One day, I went from playing SvsR to No Mercy on the 64. Makes me realize why cart's are better in some ways.

Back