longest time playing a game

i played sakura taisen 2 for about 20 hours then i play phantasy star online for about 10 hours more or less oh men

i almost die cause i didnt ate anything in that time......

and yes final fantasy 7 put me playing for a long period of time the first time, i remember that i almost finish the first disc in a run.

final fantasy 7 is one of the most mentioned games here...i'll guess if it beacause its the best final fanatsy on psx....

I don't realy keep tabs on how long I play games, but off hand I would say that X'mas Nights for saturn was the game I played the most in a single sitting. I played for three days strait without sleep, so I spent somwhere around 60-80 hours playing it. Just in case your wondering what I was trying to do all that time in the game, I was attempting to beat my brothers high score of 199,??? (? = I can't remember the didget). I eventualy ended up with a score of about 197,??? and gave up. A week later the Saturns backup battery died and my high scores, as well as his, were lost.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@June 19 2002,10:46

i played the original mario bros. through without getting up to pee, eat or shit once in like 7 hours when i was about 8.

7 hours? I can beat that game in 7 minutes. You did beat the game (eventually), right?
tongue.gif

Mario with the warp tunnels can be beat in under a half an hour easy.

EDit: My longest played game has to be in civilization 2, Gotta love global conquest, at least 20 hours straight but i did end up imposing a communist regime on teh entire planet!

communism is no way to go be the germans and go the way of fascism works the best for me i find. also having secret police keeps the corruption down.
biggrin.gif

could you imagine eating nothing but german food for the rest of your life? italians and japanese are facist with good cuisine, be one of them instead!

er...longest was Sonic 3 and knuckles (getting 14 perfects in the bonus stages, playing as sonic then as knuckles)...that took about 8 1/2 hours of my life from me.

back in 1990,17 hours straight with out going to the bathroom and eating lol (man thats tough stuff for little kid)

the game was Zelda for the NES lol

man i was like 6 years old back then

me and my cuzin woke up at 6am started playing right away. it was all planed the night before becuase we had tryed to beat it for like 3 days but my dad shut it off and we lost our save : (

well anyways i think we played it till around 11 with out even getting up (got in trouble for staying up late too lol)

i remember when i got up i was like damn my butt hurts lol

well thats my story : )

Seeing as this is in the Saturn section, I assume it should be a Saturn game ???

The longest for me on Saturn was Shining Force 3 before I found out that the memory problems with my Saturn could be fixed with a simple battery
blush.gif

I played through to the Braff fight in about 30+ hours with a break for a couple of hours sleep and some toilet breaks.

I wanted to complete the game, but alas I did not make it.

I will be doing some long gaming sessions soon however with a few of my friends as a challenge, on games such as Le Mans 24 hours, Shenmue/2 and the whole SF3 trilogy
ohmy.gif

Nothing better to do with the holidays
smile.gif

When I was still in Japan-(1995 in the Air Force) My friend Ian and I used to have gaming sessions almost every other weekend. We both spent 13 hours playing Arc The Lad 2 on the PSX in Japanese. Luckily we had a translator who studied Japanese in the room- Franklin who went out to grab us food while we gamed all day. He went over the dialogue and plot loosely as much as he could and we kind of added events to make the story seem more enjoyable. Little did we know we were preparing for the feast of FFVII two weeks later when it was to be released.

When FFVII finally hit the stores in Misawa, Japan, we all bought our respective copies and started from the beginning on a Friday afternoon 4pm to Saturday 12pm. We left off after Aerith's death. Were we looked at each other virtually in tears and said: "It is time to get some rest and think about this." We did not resume in a group from that point on.

Back