Looking for Sega CD non top loading

stack99

Established Member
I have been looking for a (I guess) model one, sega cd... the bottom loading one. let me know.. thanks all.

:slap :slap :slap

If you feel like attempting to fix one..and no one else has one to offer you, I have one that works, but theres a problem with the tray, it doesnt come out properly, and then doesnt register when its pushed back in.. so the games dont boot up.. however the bios screen and all is there, so I'm assuming its off track or something. Who knows.. anyway, $5 bucks & cover the shipping and its yours. I believe it has all the cables and whatnot, but its in a box and I'd have to dig it out to be sure.

Originally posted by chubbito666@Sep 11, 2003 @ 08:19 PM

If you feel like attempting to fix one..and no one else has one to offer you, I have one that works, but theres a problem with the tray, it doesnt come out properly, and then doesnt register when its pushed back in.. so the games dont boot up.. however the bios screen and all is there, so I'm assuming its off track or something. Who knows.. anyway, $5 bucks & cover the shipping and its yours. I believe it has all the cables and whatnot, but its in a box and I'd have to dig it out to be sure.

you don't have the original box and all, do ya?

Cool, do you have the original box (thanks racket, I forgot to ask that). Also where is this comming from? Just to calculate shipping, thanks again...

ah, no box, did have the manual and some of the paperwork floating around, but it would require a miracle to find it at this point (just moved recently). It would be coming from Bloomsburg, PA 17815, can't imagine it being too expensive, maybe 7 or 8 bucks priority, but who knows. I'd take trades if anyone wants to get rid of some NES or Master System games as well...

stupid question, but what does the system do, it plays right? but the tray just has trouble opening?

Originally posted by chubbito666@Sep 11, 2003 @ 03:19 PM

:huh My MCD is just the same... When you press Reset to close it, does it pop back out?

Mine does that... All I gotta do is push it in by hand then it boots.

I'm looking for a sega cd model 1 (the tray loader right?) and a model 1 genesis... preferably not working for a little project I wanna do. If nothing comes of selling the one that the tray doesn't work on, I would be interested in it.

In reply to what mine does... My knowledge of the mechanics of the sega cd model 1 are not very good, so this is just what I think. The system powers on, the bios comes up, but the tray seems like it gets caught on something, so you have to pull it out, but then when you put a disc in and push it back in, it doesnt recognize that the tray is back in anyway, just keeps saying "please insert disc" or whatever the hell it says. So I don't know if there is a sensor on the tray that tells the system the tray is in, or whatever it does exactly, but I'm assuming its something like that. I would assume the system would work if the tray dilemma was fixed, but no guarantees. But if it turns out it doesnt work, you could always use it as a platter to serve appetizers on, so it wouldnt be a complete waste.

If it doesn't have any external damage visible on it, I'd be willing to take it too. I don't really care about if the internals work :)

scared, if you want that go for it, upon further review of my checking acc, not enough funds right now to purchase, sorry, but thanks though, maybe another opportunity will show itself, again soon.

Originally posted by rommaster@Sep 11, 2003 @ 09:08 PM

if for some reason, he doesn't want the system, i would gladly take it off your hands for $5 + shipping :)

hmm...i guess my post is being ignored even though it was earlier....

I'm aware of the fact that he has dibs on it, I just posted in case he changed his mind. Btw, what's up with the boards? when I click add reply and I log on it dumps me back to the front page for the different sections of the message boards.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Sep 14, 2003 @ 10:02 PM

I'm aware of the fact that he has dibs on it, I just posted in case he changed his mind. Btw, what's up with the boards? when I click add reply and I log on it dumps me back to the front page for the different sections of the message boards.

Well the board simply freezes when I hit "reply" now, even sometimes coming up with an internet explorer error that forces me to close all my windows. I blame my new machine though(specifically WinXP), as my old pos still works fine for posting. I'm gonna install a new os...and maybe netscape too :)

But back to the main topic... I've always be interested in getting one of these (so much cooler then model 2 imo) so if this doesn't sell to those who have dibs or anyone else has extras please pm me or something :cool:

---Ammut

Back