• Rise from your gwave!

Magic Knight Rayearth

Discussion in 'Saturn' started by ViperA2001, Oct 2, 2001.

1. ViperA2001

ViperA2001 New Member

which version in your opinion is better? US or Japanese? I usually prefer Japanese over US titles and terms and this is no exception... now if I could only read Japanese... I could only read Chinese. but it helps anyway.

Guardian Heroes (Jap better)

Rockman (over Megaman)

black saturn (over white) <- exception :)

SS Logo (Jap better IMO)

etc etc

2. herrgafgarion

herrgafgarion New Member

i do agree most things are better in japan. but here is the exception IF YOU KNOW JAPANESE

if you dont man get the american one

DUH

3. ViperA2001

ViperA2001 New Member

yeah I know... that's why I settle for US versions of RPG's if there aren't any voices... but the Chinese characters help me get through. Just like MKR before, I played it and got through it by concentrating on the Chinese characters and it helped me VERY much to finish the game... :)

4. Mike G

Mike G New Member

I also normally prefer to get Japanese versions - but I make an exception when it comes to RPGs and other text-heavy games, since I can't read Japanese at all. I'm not going to buy a version I can't play properly just because it seems more "hardcore" - that's just silly.

Mike

(Edited by Mike G at 4:19 pm on Oct. 3, 2001)

5. Kommunisator

Kommunisator New Member

with MKR, you might even better get the US version, since it was heavily re-done, because the development files of the japanese original went missing. The US has less slowdown and you don´t have to talk to every character everywhere if you accidentially bump into them while moving. The saved space went into a special diary among other things.

6. Artemio Urbina

Artemio Urbina New Member

Yup... I enjoyed very much the WD version =)

Cute game, got me hooked for a while, and also made it to my favourite games list

7. ViperA2001

ViperA2001 New Member

where do you think can I get both versions? I'm willing to buy the Japanese version, but not the $60+ US version... I once almost had the Japanese version (incoming story, already told 2 times on SX...) before...

Years ago I had this neighbor who also had a Saturn, he had tons of original games (as compared to pirated) because he didn't buy them from the Philippines. One of the games was a specially packaged MKR Japanese game that came in a special case with an external booklet AND with internal booklet... I borrowed it and finished it within a month. I didn't know what it was but it was fun. After a year or so, I realized that it was MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH, one of the greatest anime I've ever seen! (ever seen the OVA? it's so cool!) I asked him if I could buy the rarity from him, he told me it was lost... dumped in the garbage can for all he cared... Man, was that a loss or what... He said he would've given it to me if I wanted it EARLIER, but alas, I was too late... huhuhuhu