Major bug in KOTOR has stopped playtime!

I don't know what the hell Bioware was thinking. They made a great game, and they let this bug get through. I just escaped Darth Malak for the first time aboard the Sith ship. All's fine until Carth starts talking, then he stops and the game stops on him, just nodding his head like a retard. Apparently, when I used Mission to rescue the guys, I left the cloak on, which screwed up the game. So I'm being punished for being shrewd. Look, if you're about 25-30 hours into the game and use Mission to free your guys, be sure to TURN OFF THE CLOAK BEFORE YOU USE THE COMPUTER CONSOLE. My advice, sadly given too late. For once, I'm trying to beat the game without hints or boards and this is what I get.... sheesh..

Anyone else had the "Carth bug?" It's really bugged me off. I was planning to beat this game before heading to Prague, and now it looks like it's outta the question. My last viable save is six hours behind, so that'll mean I'll have to tackle all of Kashykk, again..... I think I'll start playing that copy of Runaway: A Road Adventure for now, and getting some other crap done. Why, Bioware, why????

I guess thats one reason to wait for te PC version. At least there, a bug can get patched. I was working at a game store when Gran Turismo 3 came out. They shipped it in time for X-mas, and they forgot to patch it to make up for removing one part of the game. You got towards the end, and you could not proceed any further.

Phew, i read a lot about that bug and was scared that it would happen to me. But i used Jolee to rescue my crew and the game never froze. Although Jolee did stay in his boxers and socks until i got to another planet to re-equip him. :D

sadly i think there will be more of that -- companies trying to meet deadlines and the fact the xbox games are patchable -- if you have live and i think you can do it through the action replay

Originally posted by googlefest1@Jul 25, 2003 @ 05:48 PM

sadly i think there will be more of that -- companies trying to meet deadlines and the fact the xbox games are patchable -- if you have live and i think you can do it through the action replay

deadlines are what's preventing a lot of potentialy awesome games

sigh....

*UPDATE*

Ok, after two days of getting other stuff done, I've gone back to the game. I had a save file that was 6 hours behind, but since I know what to do, it's going by pretty quick. As a true testament to the quality of the title, I still enjoy retracing my steps and duking it out against the predetermined baddies. All I have to do is beat Kashykk (which is the easiest and shortest world, I think) and I'll be set. Oh, and now I'm saving every two seconds......

yea when that happends to me i start to save often and then slowdown and endup with another problem like that again and a save that is a few hours old

does ne1 know if thee are foreign translations of this game - or at least been released in europe and asia ? -- i had my doubts as to how good this game was untill i got it and was thinking if this was released in japan it would bring some positive attention (since there are alot of japanese starwars fans) to the xbox and mabey get the reluctant houses to make some japanese rpg for the xbox

hopefully this with otogi should bring some more intrest in japan so the game houses there consider releasing some games on it

man ne1 that has an xbox shoudl try this game out - i havent played only one game in such a long time untill this game came along - i cant put it down

has ne1 tried out the extra cooling for the xbox - ive been leaving it on for long period of time playing this game and after a few hours the backgrounds move chopily (my guess becasue its getting to hot and slowing down- i dont have AC so its pretty warm in my house ) -- so i was wondering if those coolers they sell for the xbox have any effect - if ne1 has used them

to all that have played this game - if you havent dont read - spoiler

im wondering if this is a bug - in regards to when you meet leena (the chick mission hates)

on dantooine right after you are told by the cousel to wait for thier deliberation and your leaving the ebon hawk - you choose carth and mission

when you start to move you get a message you should talk to mission

you talk to her

then choose to talk to her again about her brother - she tells you the story

then as you move to the place where the counsel is carth wont move you go back to talk to him and leena apears and youtalk to her

i whent back to a save ran through this again and nothing happened - so i went inside the ebon hawk and left untill she apeared

now i whent back to a save for the third time - this happened again carth wont move and you cant talk to him so you takea few steps turn around and talk to him and leena apears

im thinking its a bug since while standing near the ebon hawk you cant talk to carth and when you move he wont follow -- im worried that if this is a bug it will screwup the game later on when you are suposed to meet leena

and this would also mean i have a long way to go back to do this part alover because ive been saveing over my old save spots

Back