Making a 32x cable

paul26000

Ban Hammered
Ok so iv kina asked already but hey, no harm asking again....

With all you brainy people here surely some 1 can tell me how to make the 2

A/V in and out cables for the sega 32x..???

Or even tell me , there are 9 holes in each A/V , what each hole is eg..hole 2 video and so on..........................

Cause i bought this 32x on ebay and no cables, i get half the screen to work with the 32x but with out the cables it doesnt work properly....

So cheers in advance :cheers

Making the cable would be absolutely no problem at all - GameSX has the pinout of the sockets. You'd just make a straight 1 to 1 cable with two male ends to make the hook up cable. However, as I may have mentioned before, finding the 9-pin male plug for the 32x (and the MD2, if that is what you are connecting it to) is damn near impossible. They just aren't made commercially. You could of course trace the pins back to the motherboard and solder a new socket that you can find the plugs for, but that means taking a drill to your systems...

You really don't need the connector though, you can just use solid core wire and push it into the holes. You don't need to connect the pin for composite video and you only need to connect the stereo audio outputs if you're using an A/V cable. The RF adapter doesn't support stereo. Normally, you don't want to connect the +5V pins; however, you can rig it so both the Genesis and the 32X run off the same brick this way. You just connect the +5V pins and hook up a power adapter to the Genesis. The voltage regulator gets kind of hot, but I haven't had any problems. Your mileage may vary.

You say i dont need the connectors, but when i try playing any games through the 32x just pluged into the genesis with only the power lead in not all of the graphics show up on screen, eg............. doom, the menu shows but not the actual game.

I thought that each the genesis ,sega CD and the 32x all have a seperat processor? and so that connection the gable sends the 32x graphics into the genesis then onto tv................... or mabey im totaly wrong, lol

He's going from a MD1 to a 32X... so I have a question about that. Do you need to pass Genesis audio to the 32X through the cable? If so, he's going to either be satisfied with passing mono audio or use the headphone jack on the front. Also remember to connect ground on the 32X port where the pretty diagram says.

I´ve tried to connect a genesis 1 console to a 32x using that same strategy you all propose, however I have the same problem Paul26000 had there is no way i can play any game with the screen flickering that way. Finally i got a genesis 2 console

which has the same type of connection the 32x has used the solid core wire and

played DOOM all night long. :lol:

Is there any secret you wise guys know to connect that genesis 1 and 32x together? :damn:

:blink: WISE ADVICE THAT IS! very strange to find it in a place where almost anybody looks for cheap do-it-yourself solutions form all-mighty brainy guys.

sorry to ask pal ! :huh

Back