Mario Kart (SNES) - Game of the day - 05 August 2002

Easily one of the all-time favourite party games on the SNES. A few sequels and many imitators later and this game still stands tall.

Nintendo gaming at its purest!

I remember getting in fists fights with siblings over this one...for sure one of my alltime fav multi player games!Single player kicks ass as well...

Pity about the n64 version though.. Maybe there'll be a return to form if there's a Gamecube version (GBA version was cool also). I used to have to stay at a friend's house every Friday after school and we must have clocked up so much time playing that game.

Just reminded me about how he had the SNES and I had the Megadrive, and all the arguments we had despite really looking forward to playing on each other's machines.. Ah, memories :)

I remember this game mainly for two things: (1.) Everyone I knew always wanted to borrow it from me, and (2.) My copy of the game after about a year didn't work in multiplayer.

It was definetly a good game, but I prefered its sequel on the N64.

I thought it was a huge letdown personally. The graphics were great and everything but it was far too slow and easy compared with the SNES version (where speed was the best thing about it). I just felt like you were plodding along rather than in some manic race. I don't think a sequel has done it's job properly when it makes you think you'd rather be playing the original. Don't get me wrong, it is fun, I was just let down a bit.

I didn't find that at all... however I did think that the CPU racers were almost too good at times...

The CPU players in the N64 version weren't good, they just whent faster when you went faster. Wasn't that easy to get a round ahead like in the SNES version.

Back