Mega CD Backups

Hi guys, I need to some advice before i take a nervous breakdown. I have a Sega Megadrive and Mega -CD (both model 1 european), I have recently got a broadband connection and have begun downloading some iso's + mp3's. I learned I could easily burn them to cd-r's and play them on the real system as opposed to Gens. So I downloaded about 15 or so and converted their regions to Europe with ConvSCD. Then I used Sega Cue Sheet maker to make cue sheets for the iso's, I also used WinLame to convert the mp3's to wave files. Then finally I used Nero 6 to load my cuesheet and burn the iso + wav's. I burned at 4x so there would be no problems. To my surspise none of them worked in the real system, but ALL of them worked in Gens (set to european). The games I am spending the most amount of time on are Lunar and Heart of the Alien. I have tried Nero, CDRWin, Fireburner. I have tried converting the iso's with CDmage (mode 1 2048) to bin files (mode 1 2352), I have tried disc at once (16 and 96), track at once, session at once. I have downloaded the Lunar iso and mp3's from 2 different web sites and still I cannot get it to work on the real system. Some of my backups get to the intro, most of them crash at the Sonic splash screen, and some wont even boot. I will actaully PAY someone who can help me at this stage. Please guys give me some suggestions..... :(

The first Lunar has problems working from ISO/MP3. You need a BIN/CUe image. I know this from much experience.

Welcome to SX, btw.

Thanks for your reply. Is Gens not as picky as the real system? I am currently searching for bin/cue images to try and hope to god that they work better than iso/mp3's. The thing about this problem that is really irritating me is that ALL of my burnt cd's boot up and run perfectly in Gens. I would have thought an emulator would have more trouble booting backups than the real system. Anyway thanks again for your reply and if I have any luck with bin's Ill post it here for anyone else who has similar troubles. Thanks

Working Design games need TAO mode (Lunar 1 and 2, Vay, etc) other games work well in DAO mode. It is strange because you have used low speed to burn games and they do not work. Try to use another brand of cdr (known brand) and I have a lot of games in iso+mp3 and the only problem that I had was in Snatcher.

Try to play a cdr with music in your megacd and if it doesn´t work maybe the lens has dust or something.

Back