MegaMystery Box X2

ratfish

Established Member
-SOLD-

You heard right!

From the people that brought you "Xmas Mystery Box '03" here comes the second installment of the franchise.

Ahem, enough sales pitch, besides if you're interested in this, you already know what you're getting into.

Anyways, I think this one will be a little less heavy and less crowded than the first box, so I'm going to lower the price. You know the rules, all you do is pay for shipping (an estimate, it might be a little over or under what it actually costs when I get to the post office), and you get this stuff (cool stuff, mind you) for free basically.

I'm guessing this will come to around $15 (weighed by hand), so I will update this post after I calculate the shipping on USPS's web page.

Some things I'm putting in this one fall along the same line as the last one. There will be 2 consoles, one I haven't gotten to work since I'm too lazy to go out and buy a composite=>RF converter. There's a few games ~10, and some random accessories and about 10 PC demo disks a couple years old. And then there's always the abstract things thrown in for fun.

Before I begin to accept offers, I know there were some people that wanted to get one of my mystery boxes. I'll go check out my first post if I'm not to lazy, otherwise, I remember a few people who showed interest, namely Lyzel, Ammut, it290, racketboy, and Caelestis.

If any of the people I mentioned there are interested in this one, let me know, thanks.

_EDIT_

Here's the thread to the first mystery box dealy if anyone forgot what the concept behinf this is.

EDIT 2:

Here are the estimates on shipping depending on where you live-

Western US: $20

Eastern US: $30

Anywhere inbetween: $25

Maybe there are, and maybe there aren't, it's a mystery. ;)

EDIT:

Yes, yes there are.

I also added a bunch of PS2 demo disks, and some abstact video game related memorobilia (cards/coins).

man i HATE it when you do this. i don't have 15 bucks to spend on your mystery crap!

and most of it would probably end up in a mystery crap box of my own. we could make this like a little network. like, take a little, add a little, send it on it's way to someone else on the board.

holy shit that's a good idea.

Well, I weighed the box, and it's a lot heavier than I though. It's about 20 lbs. in total, give or take a pound or two.

I edited the first post up there with the updated cost of the Mystery Box based on where you live.

P.S. Thanks to the admins for allowing such an obscure thread in this section. ;)

P.P.S. It's not mystery "crap", thank you very much. :p

okay.

so, here's what i propose. i buy this thing, go through it and take what i'd like out of it, as well as add my own stuff in there. then offer it to someone else on this board for the raw shipping cost.

personally, i think that would be a great idea, as it would give me the chance to get rid of some stuff, as well as get some stuff that i might be able to use. what say you, ratfish?

Yeah, that's sort of what I had in mind aaron, I wanted to get a little chain going on here, if you will.

Unfortunately, I have to wait a little while, and I can't let it go to you or muffinman until I hear from the others that were interested in my previous one.

It will probably be going to it290 or muffinman in that order, since they've shown previous interest in this, but if none of them are intersted anymore, it will go to you.

edit-

It might be shipped via FedEx ground, which is a little cheaper but longer than USPS parcel post.

no, no, no, people you're missing the point!

if it290 takes it, then he/she takes what they like, adds some stuff, then muffinman takes it. muffinman does the same thing, then sends it to me, then i add in my master system and broken sega cd and mortal kombat trading cards :))) and send it off to whoever is next.

know what i'm saying? ratfish, you are a genius.

i also thing the first person should include a little notepad to make a list of what's in the box, and the next reciever can mark off the items they took, and add in the items that they added to the package.

:ph34r: Ack, more responses than I expected. :ph34r:

Uh, I really hate doing this, and the point was I didn't really want to make a profit off of it.

I guess aaron sort of has the right idea. When I got the first mystery box going, I wanted to start a chain-effect-type thing, where other people would put together stuff they're not using, or bored of, or is just junky, and send it to other people sort of for free, not including the shipping.

Thank you all for showing interest, but it290 and Caelestis are first in line (it290 being first) because I owe it to them since I blew them off for the previous mystery box, heh.

So, I'm going to stick with $25 with this one (which is what the last one went for too, IIRC) since that should just about cover it.

Remeber, there will always be more mystery crap - I mean goodies. ;)

Maybe after I pillage GameStop too. :hehehe:

edit-

I sent an email to it290, I'll post back if it's going to him.

Long live the SegaXtreme Mystery Box chain! :smash

Just a minor thread hijack, but are there any Aussies who'd be interested in a similar redistribution of junk?

ok... as long as i get it after the dude puts in the master system.. ;)

....and if it doesnt want it, ill be happy to pay for it immediately :cool: :cool:

Along the same lines as Mal's post, do any Canadians want to get something like this going? I'm interested if there are takers.

Back