• Rise from your gwave!

Menacer light gun any good?

Discussion in 'Genesis/Mega Drive' started by Kenji, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Kenji

Kenji New Member

A local store is selling these brand new and boxed for around $20. Is the gun any good and does it work with any other games than the ones that come with it? Am i better off getting the gun that comes with Lethal Enforcer? I'm assuming that the Mega CD version of Snatcher doesn't support the Menacer gun...

2. RadSil

RadSil New Member

Terminator 2: The Arcade Game works with it :) but I'm not sure if that's worth the $20.

3. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

the menacer should work with all american laser games for mega/sega cd (madog mcree 1 and 2, space pirates, who shot johnny rock). I havent tested it since i dont own one but the manual of Mad dog sais they support it. My justifier (the gun that comes with Lethal Enforcers) is pure crap. I dont remember ever getting it to work properly with Lethal enforcers, Mad Dog McCree, or Snatcher. its really weird, it thinks you are always pointing off screen when you are right in front of it, and therefore just reloads everytime you shoot. Sometimes I have gotten it to recognize shots, but i have to shoot off the screen (usually to the left) and find the sweet spot that makes it hit the center of the screen. Hehe, my justifier is f00k3d mb? =)

4. Mo Threat

Mo Threat New Member

I never cared much for the Men-ass-er, but for $20 new... it's hard to go very wrong. It should work with all Genny/SegaCD light gun games except the Konamis.

Speaking of which, I didn't have much luck getting the Justifier to work with ALG stuff, but it worked great with the Konami games - LE1 & 2 + Snatcher. Snatcher with a Justi was too sick.

5. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

yeah, i really wish mine would work with lethal enforcers and snatcher. I didnt really expect it to work with mad dog but i tried anyway. oh well.

6. Zziggy00

Zziggy00 New Member

Just get one used at funcoland at one point they were $5.... I dont' know what the price is now though