Metal DDR Pad Question

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
I have a question about those metal ddr pads people are selling. What is the weight limit on those things.

One of my friends is close to 300 pounds and I think he will break it. LOL

WHA?!

I have a soft pad, and I have a friend who's nearly three hundred pounds play on it, and it still works great! And we all know how cheaply made those are...

What exactly are you looking at Ice? Cobalt Flux? RedOctane?

Iceman should look as Maxima playing DDR

Attachments

• max.jpg
    max.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 73
  • max.jpg
    max.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 74
Do they have any DDR pads that have larger-sized arrow-"buttons"? My feet are bigger than the button contact areas.

So If I place my foot directly centered over the button, my heel ends up touching below the button contact area, and the ball of my foot touches above the button contact area, and thus it doesn't register my step.

If I place the ball of my foot directly on the center of the button, then the heel of my foot touches the X/O button below it. And there's some "feature" of DDR games that if you press the X/O button, it won't register the arrow button being pressed. So again it doesn't register my step.

Placing the heel of my foot directly center of thee button doesn't work well, since you usually target with the ball, and sometimes don't contact the heel.

So basically I always have to play DDR standing on my tippie-toes. It's a good calf workout. But it's a bit awkward.

JMT.

Back