MOD CHIP FOR DREAMCAST

Some time ago last year it was said that the Dreamcast Chip would be used in cell phones and set top boxes. Has anyone heard anymore information on this?

Is any one here at this site gifted in modifying an X-Box to play Dreamcast Games. I really like the X-Box and don't have room for two systems. I spent a lot of money and time trying to build my Dreamcast Library and I am not ready to trade ANY of it in. The Dreamcast has absolutely THE BEST range of games from fighting to sports. So it is important I can still play these games on a newer system.

Please not interested in SONY don't reply about mod kits for that CRAPPY system. Not until they have a game that looks better than Soul Calibur on Dreamcast!

I am willing to pay $60.00 for a chip and another $40.00 for the installation. It is worth that much to me. Or if someone can come up with a X-Cast disc that modifies the X-box that to me alone is worth $80.00.

Stupid Microsoft should have told Sega that they could create a machine together instead of Microsoft using the Dreamcast as a guinea pig calling themselves helping Sega! Oh well SEGAHOLIC 4 LIFE YALL!

You have absolutely no idea of what your asking for, do ya?

Although Sega did indeed develop a chip for use in PC's (I remeber on article in the ODCM that showed pictures of the prototype), it never went into production. Sega did go into business with Pace industries to make a Tivo/Dreamcast with downloadable content but it never saw the light of day (I believe).

The only way you'll make an Xbox play a DC game is with your imagination. :/

Agree on that.

And with how much money you seem to be willing to spend on just modding your XBox, you could easily pick up a nice Dreamcast with a plethora of accessories AND have cash to spare. Plus, that thing is so SMALL, unlike the XBox if I might add! I for one don't buy the argument of not having enough space for two systems...You have a PC, too, dontcha? My wife and I live in a small 2-bedroom and I have room for a Saturn, DC, PC, Amiga, C64, NES and (even though this doesn't really count) two Gameboys. :)

total bullshit and plain impossible. it doesn't require a "chip", it requires a new drive, a new videochip, a new soundchip, and a new cpu.

and no there isnt a working dc emulator for the pc, mac, ps2, or any other system (that includes nightmare, despite what it may/might claim to be)

if your lacking space i suggest you look for one of those storage system things for the dc and put it in that, then put the xbox ontop of it, that way you can use both

i'm still puzzeled at what he was asking. Looks like he's wanting some kind of Super Wonder Entertainment Chip for the xbox that allows you to play anything.
sarcasm.gif

He seems new to me, therefore i do not think we should be rude to him. THEFLO, the thing you are currently wanting, does not exist... Not currently at least. Your best bet is to buy a dreamcast, and use it, or buy a dreamcast, open it up, open up the xbox, move all the dreamcast circuits and stuff to the xbox, cut a hole in the top of the xbox so you can insert cds, and make sure you can reach the power buttons. Then you will have an Xbox and Dreamcast in one box...

People should be insta-banned for posting topics with misleading titles.
Because he made you waste the precious twenty seconds of your life in reading his post? Come on, I bet it took you longer to respond. Plus, it is his first post on this board - don't be too harsh.

smile.gif

his post is clready dumb. I think the original poster also knows it. That's why he hasn't posted anything since that. Probably a driffter or a spammer.

Sorry to offend all of you GOD GIFT TO VIDEO WISDOM! I will be quitting the site immediately. I was told by a friend from another site to check with you guys cause yall know your stuff.

Thanks to all of you who FEEL I wasted your time for responding I do appreciate your response rude or polite.

Hey THEFLO.... I'd really hate to see you go because someone on here pissed you off. Sad truth is there's always some idiot out there insulting others without thinking, but the rest of us is a really nice bunch... Don't give up on SX just yet! Please! :)

As for you, SilentSniper....you need to have your damn ass kicked, it was just uncalled for. The guy merely didn't know, probably had his hopes up based on misinformation...no need to call him a drifter/spammer. If anyone deserved to be banned, it's you. Think about it.

What i believe you heard about is the development of a new graphical processor for portrable devices (mobile phones, PDAs etc...) which uses the same graphical engine technology as the dreamcast. I have the article somewhere on an old PC format, i will see if i can borrow a scanner and post it to the board

No kicking my butt for this, but this topic reminded me of something.. Did anyone else a couple years ago keep getting e-mails advertising reigon-free DVD players that played "over 100 SEGA games" as well? Maybe it wasn't a couple years ago, but it hasn't been recently. I always wondered 1) how that would even work and 2) whatever happened to them. Oh well...

I also remember hearing about what Soldermonkey mentioned, though I can't remember where. SEGA has also apparently made some games for the new Vision phone that Sprint PCS is selling (made by Samsung, I think), according to a newsletter they sent me.

P.S.- Taelon is yummy!
love.gif

Originally posted by y2kzorak@Aug. 28 2002, 8:11 pm

No kicking my butt for this, but this topic reminded me of something.. Did anyone else a couple years ago keep getting e-mails advertising reigon-free DVD players that played "over 100 SEGA games" as well? Maybe it wasn't a couple years ago, but it hasn't been recently. I always wondered 1) how that would even work and 2) whatever happened to them. Oh well...

I also remember hearing about what Soldermonkey mentioned, though I can't remember where. SEGA has also apparently made some games for the new Vision phone that Sprint PCS is selling (made by Samsung, I think), according to a newsletter they sent me.

P.S.- Taelon is yummy!
love.gif

What you are referring to is a DVD player with a built in Genesis (or was it a SegaCD...Hmm?). Anyways, it simply played old Mega Drivbe titles...not DC.

Originally posted by soldermonkey@Aug. 30 2002, 12:47 am

What i believe you heard about is the development of a new graphical processor for portrable devices (mobile phones, PDAs etc...) which uses the same graphical engine technology as the dreamcast.

Imagination Technologies (owner of PowerVR) has developed a low-power graphics chip that is intended to be integrated with an ARM core for use in PDAs.

However, shortly before the Dreamcast was cancelled Sega announced that they had managed to integrate all components of the DC into one chip. After the cancellation of the DC there was rumours going around of a Dreamcast-on-a-PCI-card, but that never came to anything. Even if it was a real project the GD-ROM would have made it impractical and expensive. There was also talks about a set-top box manufacturer adding the ability to play DC games to its boxes, but I think that deal fell through too. It's always possible there's some box out there that uses the DC-on-a-chip for user interface graphics or something, but I doubt it. Sega's coin-op technology probably benefited from the integration, though.

Originally posted by 3rdman@Aug. 30 2002, 6:38 am

What you are referring to is a DVD player with a built in Genesis (or was it a SegaCD...Hmm?). Anyways, it simply played old Mega Drivbe titles...

That's the Shinco 868 for those interested.

Originally posted by THEFLO@Aug. 28 2002, 12:00 pm

Some time ago last year it was said that the Dreamcast Chip would be used in cell phones and set top boxes. Has anyone heard anymore information on this?

Is any one here at this site gifted in modifying an X-Box to play Dreamcast Games. I really like the X-Box and don't have room for two systems. I spent a lot of money and time trying to build my Dreamcast Library and I am not ready to trade ANY of it in. The Dreamcast has absolutely THE BEST range of games from fighting to sports. So it is important I can still play these games on a newer system.

Please not interested in SONY don't reply about mod kits for that CRAPPY system. Not until they have a game that looks better than Soul Calibur on Dreamcast!

I am willing to pay $60.00 for a chip and another $40.00 for the installation. It is worth that much to me. Or if someone can come up with a X-Cast disc that modifies the X-box that to me alone is worth $80.00.

Stupid Microsoft should have told Sega that they could create a machine together instead of Microsoft using the Dreamcast as a guinea pig calling themselves helping Sega! Oh well SEGAHOLIC 4 LIFE YALL!

God, you made me had a laugh attack...confused teenie
tongue.gif

Wow, I wonder if THEFLO cared to come back and read all the new posts. :) That is some interesting stuff here, largely anecdotal but fun to read...

P.S.: y2kzorak needs to keep her business with me off SX!

blush.gif

Back