Mod from jandaman

Shitface

Established Member
Ok, i got my mod from jandaman a day or 2 ago. I did everything i could but no luck with my 64 pin model 2 saturn. I can only go as far as getting it to read audio tracks. So after reading the how to mod a 21 pin thread for a 4th time, i have come to this conclusion. Jandaman's, as well as the mod i got from Saturn-planet.com, mods do not work with 64 pin saturns. If you have a 32 pin saturn, im sure these will work great for you. Other than that, Jandamans service was quite good, very fast shipping and good communication.

Another note, Saturn-planet's mods arent always the same one, it was stated that they send whatever mod they have available. So if you order from them, then you might get lucky and get a 64 pin compatible one.

If anyone knows of any other saturn mod sources, please let me know.

For my 64 pin Saturn, I had to make the modchip installed with the chips facing outwards. Did you try that?

I'm going to try mod another Saturn and see the exact steps I take.

Yeah, i did it with the mod facing out. I tried everything. BTW, my saturn model # is MK-80000A

Interesting, that's like the exact same problem someone was having with that mod chip on a 32 pin saturn... I hope his current shipment or whatever isn't just dead or something
sleep.gif
;

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Jul 5, 2003 @ 07:15 PM

Interesting, that's like the exact same problem someone was having with that mod chip on a 32 pin saturn... I hope his current shipment or whatever isn't just dead or something
sleep.gif
;

Well, i know it cant be a dead or fried mod because the cd drive spins and loads the cd audio tracks at least. If it was a dead mod, the cd drive wouldn't even spin.

i recently got mine off jandaman for my 32 pin saturn and i have been having the exact same perdicament as you. it only reads audio tracks. i spent like a week trying different variations and could not get it to work. i am not sure of the problem but he is sending me a replacent to see how that works and has been very helpful. i just hope i can get this damn thing to work.

by the way, how can u do it with the mod facing out, does thatw ork, if its facing out how can u hook the ribbon on it?

You only need to have the mod facing outwards on a 64 pin Saturn.

The mainboard has the ribbon cable slot the other way around, hence the twist in the cable.

Well, I can gladly report that the Jandaman mod works just fine on my 32 Pin Saturn.
cool.gif
Worked first crack, only had to solder the blue wire to B and the ed to +5v pin. Plugged it in. Booted Bomberman original. Then booted Shining Force 3 Backup. All is well.
smile.gif

Shipping was $5 for the mod chip and a PC Magic Box (highly recommended as well) together and it took 5 working days to get to Saskatchewan. Not too shabby in my opinion. :cheers

I recommend Jandaman to anyone. :smash

Originally posted by snume@Jul 15, 2003 @ 11:58 PM

Well, I can gladly report that the Jandaman mod works just fine on my 32 Pin Saturn.
cool.gif
Worked first crack, only had to solder the blue wire to B and the ed to +5v pin. Plugged it in. Booted Bomberman original. Then booted Shining Force 3 Backup. All is well.
smile.gif

Shipping was $5 for the mod chip and a PC Magic Box (highly recommended as well) together and it took 5 working days to get to Saskatchewan. Not too shabby in my opinion. :cheers

I recommend Jandaman to anyone. :smash

I'm pleased to say the same. My mod from Jandaman is working quite flawlessly. 32 pin Model 2, of course.

Did I send you a second modchip to try? Email me your info and I'll send another one. It's possible you have a faulty chip.

i posted this on my frustration post but wasnt sure if jandaman read it, but that second chip he sent me a few weeks back ended up working and has continued as far. great service and thanks for the help.

I am glad to see that jandaman has a good service. Just purchased some Xbox Component cables from his website, hope to get em soon
smile.gif

by component you mean composite?

composite is like 3 RCA plugs.. 2 for audio one for video.. all 3 connectors are equal.

RGB connector is different. it has some pins in it. (also has the same 2 cables for sound as composite cables)

i think..
unsure.gif
i've never seen a rgb plug, here in europe we use scart cables

As for video quality, RGB is much better than composite.

Back