modchip trouble. disc wont boot.

so I was looking at the instructions on racketboy for the mod chip and noticed on the power supply there were 2 fat cylinder things. I forget what they are called. well anyway I noticed that the saturn I was working on only had one fat cylinder and a tiny cylinder. would this affect the system in other places? I included some pictures.

-pic of screen I get, no disc spin, or slow disc spin, or sometimes fast disc spin but it wont boot up:

100_0221.jpg

-pic of good saturn:

100_0228.jpg

-pic of spare parts saturn:

100_0227.jpg

would this make a difference, I just noticed that that is how it looks in the instructions so I wasnt sure. Ive tried and Ive tried and Ive tried but I just cant get this chip to work no matter what I do. and YES it fits all the way. I dont know how to get more power to the chip, its soldered correctly but just cant seem to get it going fast enough. what should I do?

is that a 32 pin or 64 pin saturn? the IC will be square shaped on the cd drive board or rectangular shaped.if it is square shaped it should be a 64 pin.if it is rectangular shaped it should be 32 pin.the two red spheres on the cd player menu usually indicate a ribbon cable to the mod chip or the drive or motherboard is reversed.you should be using the 5 volt pin to power the mod chip.if you used the 3 volt or 9 volt pins to power the mod you might have cooked the mod chip.

Back