Modded Sega Saturn , not booting backups help !

hi segaXtreme Team , i am having a issue with burnt backups on my just modded Saturn.

It is a 32-Pin SSaturn and im using Taiyo Yuden , ive tried 2 burnt games and they come up either ' Disc is unsuitable for this system ' or as Audio tracks.

I found a Troubleshooting guide on http://www.angelfire.com/pa/Raluminat/troubleshoot.html

and my symptoms are wacky , i get...........

- No bootup Animation

- 2 Green Cubes

- Originals work but backups dont

- CD rotates

btw i have done the A+B method on the Modchip

any info helps

s8n

What games/backups are you having issues with?

What program are you using to burn these games?

Finally, are you changing the region on these games?

s8n187 said:
hi segaXtreme Team , i am having a issue with burnt backups on my just modded Saturn.

It is a 32-Pin SSaturn and im using Taiyo Yuden , ive tried 2 burnt games and they come up either ' Disc is unsuitable for this system ' or as Audio tracks.

I found a Troubleshooting guide on http://www.angelfire.com/pa/Raluminat/troubleshoot.html

and my symptoms are wacky , i get...........

- No bootup Animation

- 2 Green Cubes

- CD rotates

btw i have done the A+B method on the Modchip

any info helps

s8n

mtxblau said:
What games/backups are you having issues with?

What program are you using to burn these games?

Finally, are you changing the region on these games?

hiya mtxblau thanks for replying , heres some info..........

- I am having issues with all backups ive tried , ive tried about 5 different games on type types of CD-R media

- Ive tried 2 apps , Alcohol 120% and Imgburn

- Yes i use SRP (Saturn Region Patcher) v3.0 Gold Edition , some of the games dont need Patching only about 2 of 5 need it my SSaturn is a US NTSC unit.

I have another problem that has arisen through taking out the Flat Ribbon Cable multiple times and re-inserting it into the Motherboard and Modchip. Basically the Pins on the Ribbon Cable have scratched and it has caused another problem on top of my previous stated problem.

I am going to get another Ribbon Cable and Modchip and see how it goes.

These are my current symptoms updated.........

- Boot up animation OK

- 2 Green Cubes

- CD rotates

I used to get with the game Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter (JAP) ' This game is unsuitable for this system ' message........but since killing the Pins on the Ribbon Cable that doesnt come up anymore what the SSaturn detects it now is an Audio CD.

Id love to get this going the SSaturn has been siting in a box since the Pins problem i am out of ideas atm.

s8n

Not sure if you found a solution to your problem but I have a couple ribbon cables available for sale if you still need one. You said at one point your system gave you the message "Game Disc Unsuitable for this System" This typically means the system has identified the CD as a game but it is not in the proper region for your system. So at some point the chip was probably working.

RitualOfTheTrout said:
Not sure if you found a solution to your problem but I have a couple ribbon cables available for sale if you still need one. You said at one point your system gave you the message "Game Disc Unsuitable for this System" This typically means the system has identified the CD as a game but it is not in the proper region for your system. So at some point the chip was probably working.

hiya Ritual thanks for replying and tips , i havent found a solution yet the SS is still in its shipping box due to lack of money. But now i have some funds to start working on it again , i know a guy in Ohio who may have some Ribbon Cables for me im waiting on an email from him to see if he has any.

"Game Disc Unsuitable for this System" This typically means the system has identified the CD as a game but it is not in the proper region for your system. So at some point the chip was probably working.

Yes thats right i cant believe i was so close to getting it working but then out of inexperience of the Region Patching kept on trying other ways to get it running. I know now if i see that message the Modchip is working and it is more likely a Software problem.

I am going to give it another shot soon when i get some Ribbon Cables and another Racketboy Modchip

s8n

Back