Modding my JP saturn

Hi all, I'm new here

I recently bought a mod chip from racketboy and was getting ready to mod my saturn. The only problem is that my saturn doesn't have any of the 32 or 64 IC for the soldering points. I looked around the board and found out that its a sanyo cd board, without a pc board trap. So i have a white japanese saturn (round buttons) with a sanyo cd board and no pc trap.

Does anyone know how to mod this model? I saw some posts refering to someone that was successful on this modding this model, but the links to the instructions seem to be dead. From what i read, the soldering point seems to be under the cd board?

alright i finally had some time to research this some more. After reading other posts, I have to solder or tape it to the pin 71 to a chip inder the sanyo cd drive. But which chip is it?

Hopefully i can tape it ther, because soldering looks risky cause of the tight space.

Attachments

• Picture_001.jpg
    Picture_001.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture_002.jpg
    Picture_002.jpg
    850 KB · Views: 138
Originally posted by dj898@Tue, 2005-12-20 @ 05:57 PM

how are you going to tape?

using alligator clip and tape over it? o_O

[post=142685]Quoted post[/post]​

Someone mentioned in another post to tape it. I'll try anything as long as i don't have to solder that point.

Still don't know which IC chip it is.

if the IC pins are close together then i seriously wouldnt 'tape' it into place, the tape could easily shift causing the wire to move and short something. Just use a fine soldering tip.

Back