Mode Button

Anyone know of any Genesis games that actually are 6 button intolerant and require the use of the mode button? Supposedly the oldest games are but Altered Beast and other games at the time doesn't mind it at all.

I remember I had to push MODE for one game, but I can't remember what. Sorry it was over ten years ago. :sigh

Golden Axe 2 is another one. I think Ms. Pac-Man also, but I don't one so I can't confirm.

Hmm, I've had some issues with Decap Attack, Trouble Shooter, and Sub-Terrania when using my third-party 6-button pads.. the mode button doesn't help, either. But they all work fine with my first-party 6-button.

It's not entirely a question of how old the games are. Only games that do software debouncing or other fancy stuff are likely to run into problems with the 6-button pad. Probably over 99% percent of games won't have any problems, and Forgotten Worlds had been the only one I had heard of until I saw this thread.

On Ms. PacMan, the game is still usable with a 6-button, but it's annoyingly difficult to control. It's near impossible to get Ms. PacMan to turn up or down on a dime. You can hold the UP button or tap it incessentaly and you'll just float right on by the turn 3 times before it finally works.

The control works arcade perfect in 3-button mode.

ive own a six button for like 9 years now, only use it and no other... never ran into a problem, and i own ms. pac-man, decapattack,sub-terrania... the only problem i had was that i bought another one about a year ago for the 2 player, and it fits really tight into my geeny 1. i wont dare use it on the contoller 1 port in fear its gonna break my pins. (ive had this genny 1 since my 8th bday 13 years ago, i have had to fix it to many times.)

Back