Model 1 Saturn no longer plays backups?

My Saturn seems to be having trouble loading backup games. Games that once worked with the swap technique are no longer working. They seem to load as far as the menu screen, but when it comes to loading the actual game, it goes back to the sega main menu. Regular games still load fine. Is my Saturn dying??! Is there anything I can do to fix it?

If I buy a white/gray Saturn, are they easy to mod? Will my action replay work with US games on a JP Saturn?

Your question sounds very familiar, have you posted a topic like this here before?

Try reading the posted topic "saturn woes"

Originally posted by orta@Thu, 2006-07-06 @ 09:13 AM

Your question sounds very familiar, have you posted a topic like this here before?

Try reading the posted topic "saturn woes"

[post=146918]Quoted post[/post]​

wow, i didnt even see that. thats pretty much the samething with me.

so if i were to buy a white/gray saturn will it work with my action replay US games? are US model 2 easier to install mod chips?

Originally posted by r2works@Fri, 2006-07-07 @ 12:28 AM

wow, i didnt even see that. thats pretty much the samething with me.

so if i were to buy a white/gray saturn will it work with my action replay US games? are US model 2 easier to install mod chips?

[post=146930]Quoted post[/post]​

model 2 especially the ones with 21pin

ribbon cable-32pinchip is quite easy to modify with a chip

White saturns are ussually in JAP region, If you want to play US games on your White sega saturn I suggest you do the region switch mod

http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=imports:sega_saturn

because modchips won't do the trick they can only allow you to play back-up games and doing the region mod makes your cartridge slot free for memory card

Originally posted by orta@Fri, 2006-07-07 @ 12:48 AM

model 2 especially the ones with 21pin

ribbon cable-32pinchip is quite easy to modify with a chip

White saturns are ussually in JAP region, If you want to play US games on your White sega saturn I suggest you do the region switch mod

http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=imports:sega_saturn

because modchips won't do the trick they can only allow you to play back-up games and doing the region mod makes your cartridge slot free for memory card

[post=146931]Quoted post[/post]​

well the action replay allows me to play imported games without having to do the region switch mod and still acts as a memory card. i just didnt know if it would work in the opposite position with a JP console playing US games with it.

Originally posted by r2works@Mon, 2006-07-10 @ 12:45 AM

well the action replay allows me to play imported games without having to do the region switch mod and still acts as a memory card. i just didnt know if it would work in the opposite position with a JP console playing US games with it.

[post=146961]Quoted post[/post]​

It might or it might not work :huh :huh: I haven't tried using 2 in 1 cart before :D

Back