Model 1 Saturn region mod

Hi, I was tring to install a region switch (US/JP) for my sega saturn. I followed the "instructions" found at http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/saturncon.htm and set up my switch how it shows. But when i try to turn on my saturn, the power led, continuously turns on and off. My saturn is a US model 1 (the 2nd diagram of jumpers in the link). Any help/sugesstions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, I removed the switch and set it up again, and the us side works fine, but when i switch to japan, i get the same constant resetting. I tried a couple of different switches with the same result.

EDIT 2: Alright, I set up the switch differently from the chart, when I read over the instructions a bit more i set up the switch with the +5 and GND in the middle and then 6 and 7 and 10 and 11 on the ends so its like this, 6-5V-7, 11-GND-10. when switched either way I get US, no japan :( Obviously i don't know what I'm doing, but I'm trying a bunch of different things to get it to work. If someone knows what I'm doing wrong please let me know!

I couldn't see it, I dl but says drawing failed and is blank. :( Thank you for your help, could you try upping a new pic, in .jpg? Thanks again.

Ok here it is in jpg :) I hope it works

as you can see you need a 6 pin slide switch, connect the upper middle pin to the junction point 10-11, the lower middle pin to junction point 6-7, connect both lower left pin and upper right pin to ground then connect the upper left pin and lower right pin to +5v. check the connections before you proceed on testing the unit. Sorry if it is a litle blurred my cam is rubbish :D

Attachments

• Picture_028.jpg
    Picture_028.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 131
Thank you very much! This is a great help :D I really appreciate it. I'll give it another shot. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Back