More Shining Force News!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
"THQ announced they will release Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon for GameBoy Advance in Europe in April, in 5 different languages. The game is a remake of the first Shining Force for Sega Genesis, with a number of enhancements, such as more intensive battles and a new unique card system." - The Magic Box

So it is a remake of the original. Here are some screenshots to keep your mouth watering.

sforce.jpg
sforce2.jpg

sforce3.jpg
sforce4.jpg

Thanks to the Magic Box for the info and screenshots!

That is cool......not as cool as a new one but still pretty badass. I will definatly buy this as I am a huge fan of the first and the whole series for that matter. I wonder if they are going to redo all the sprites and stuff? THAT would be cool. I am pretty sure they would keep the feel and look the same, just make it better.

About the card system......that's really vague who knows what it'll be like? COuld be collecting cards and getting bonuses to battling with them or a hybrid of both. Either way I am looking forward to it, what about the rest of yas?

interesting

hope they do some actual sequals later on.

I'll probably pick this one up.

I'd be more likely to finish it than my Genesis version since my GBA is my most-played system now

This unique card system is still really freaking me out. I'm praying it's just a side game or something you don't have to pay any real attention to...

Wohoo!! Something of a port of Shining Force to the GBA!

(Please keep Jogurt in this one! >_<)

The card thing they're implementing might not be a vital part of the game. I really hope it's just a little add-on, and that they kept the gameplay basically unchanged.

I wonder if all of those hidden items will still be there, the cool guy, alternate costumes, the gun, etc.

Theres always a little something that makes you happy to live in the UK 😀

I nearly always import my games due to the release schedules, but it seems the Shining games on GBA are a highlight for us Europeans.

Any americans want it shipped to em :devil

I hope that isn't what the art looks like exactly.

Also, they're still in a development phase.

It looks to be very close to a port, with a few things touched up here and there.

I didn't notice anything in the screenshots that implied the card collecting thing is going to be vital to gameplay. It looks more like a collection for fun, collecting characters and maybe enemies cards.

Here's something I don't remember from the original:

ME0000408552_2.jpg

:blink: :huh

Which part don't you remember? Ramladu's throne room being completely fucked with? Or some made up offspring?

The really bright colour pallate is really getting to me also... looks like they're trying to make it happier or something...

Why must they fuck with my single favourite game of all time?

If they straight port it, wouldn't it be incredibly small? Then again, it does look fine on the Nomad...

What the hell did they do?! You know, I'm with you Cael, I think I'm going to be sick. Such a brilliant game, such an excrutiating tragedy...

...I guess Sega isn't considering their loyal fanbase by adding a card system to a classic game. It's like adding elements to SMB1 - you just don't do that!

I wonder if they actually put any thought into what they're doing to the game.

I mean, there were some flaws in the original English translation of SF, but what do they think they're doing messing with the original story. If they were doctoring the original to make it more relevant to the sequels, then that would be fine, but I don't know if that's what they have in mind.

And what is that? Ramladu, Balbazak, Elliot, Darksol and "Narsha"? WTF?

(For the record, that's the first time I've typed WTF with real meaning)

hmmmm here is a shot of the card bullshit.....looks like they are cards of chars. that let u do certain things. any thoughts?

shiningforce_011204_020.jpg

Looks to me like the aim of the cards is to make the game easier to beat, by giving other characters different powers or something...

Bastards...

*sigh* That's just not going to feel like Shining Force now. Maybe they thought the original was too hard or something. I agree now, they shouldn't have messed with it. It just won't be the same, and those cards are going to take all the fun out of it.

Think about this, all of those strategies you've made playing battles over and over could be totally irrelevant thanks to these cards. What a let down.

Too hard? More like too easy, heh. Although I must shamefacedly admit that the first time I played through the original game, I had to restart because I had coddled my main character so much that he was only level 7, and thus ineligible for promotion and unable to wield the ultimate weapon, the Chaos Breaker -- the only weapon capable of defeating Dark Dragon.

Back