MTV's top 15 games of all time...

Originally posted by stack99@Jan 6, 2004 @ 05:17 PM

slacker I included it in the post about 7 or so entries up, check it out.....

woops i missed that link, thanx.

omfg half those games just look like garbage. the sims??????? the whole simXXX series was never all that good, save for simant!

By the way... should I mention once again that the list isn't even intended to be the 'best games of all time'?

They may not have said it on the TV show, but in the magazine at least they did include the disclaimer at the start that basically said it's meant to be more like a 15 Most Influential game serieses of this console generation. I could scan the page for you guys if you want >_>

It wasn't a "best games ever" countdown, but seeing as how it was a best or most influential games since 2000, hell why not include sonic, for that , (not to be biased, althought comming from me, on this message board ; its hard not to sound biased) but to not include sonic, considering sonic adventure and sa2, the contribution that game and the ground it broke graphically, for that and that alone, should sonic be included, if not for any other reason.. but again, I know on here, its hard to back sonic, and not be biased...oh well.

Originally posted by stack99@Jan 7, 2004 @ 09:14 PM

It wasn't a "best games ever" countdown, but seeing as how it was a best or most influential games since 2000, hell why not include sonic, for that , (not to be biased, althought comming from me, on this message board ; its hard not to sound biased) but to not include sonic, considering sonic adventure and sa2, the contribution that game and the ground it broke graphically, for that and that alone, should sonic be included, if not for any other reason.. but again, I know on here, its hard to back sonic, and not be biased...oh well.

Sonic Adventure 2 didn't exactly receive wide critical acclaim, though its crazy success on the GameCube should've been more noteworthy. It probably wouldn't have been far behind the top 15 given, I'd think...

I don't think the Dreamcast was really in the running, though - you'd think at least a decent number of jaded DC nuts would've at least voted in ONE Sega game... like Super Monkey Ball, or Panzer Dragoon... it was skewed, yes, but somewhat forgivably so, imo. They do at least HAVE the disclaimer that their scope IS LIMITED in the magazine.

bah, just a bunch of fanboys.....it's like the polls over at gamefaqs....all fanboy-driven. The could have he best games of all time up there and FFVIII would win. Kinda sad really but whatever floats their boat.

Back