My Game Collection

Cloud121

Established Member
http://users.ign.com/collection/Cloud121

I'm proud of it all! And I'm not done yet!
smile.gif
devil.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
:cheers

Oh yeah, notice my rating of the PS2
biggrin.gif

Thats a pretty good little collection going. Mine dwarfs yours though
wink.gif
but i've also been colelcting for about 5 years now
smile.gif

I've been collecting for about 2 years now. I've owned my Genny since 1989, but I was a "casual" gamer up until I got my Saturn (2000), that's when I REALLY started collecting. I'd say about 1/2 of those games on the whole list were purchased/recieved during my casual days.

ALL of the GameBoy games were during the casual years. Most of the SNES games as well, and about half of the PSX games as well. 17 out of the 26 N64 games are from my causal time too. As well as 9 of the Genny games.

Nice well rounded collection you have there. As for the Rating of the Ps2, :agree

My collection would beat yours down in every Sega system but you sure got your areas covered since the Genny/SNES days. You need an NES tho....

And Fav platform=PS1/Fav publisher=Sega...
blink.gif
lol, kinda contradictory.

Nice stuff tho, I should use that IGN option and you could compare.

---Ammut

Well... PSX was tallied as my favorite since I own so many games for it (I love the PSX, despite that it is Sony
angry.gif
). My favorite console period is the Saturn. I just guess a lot of my games are published by Sega. A lot of the games had "None" under them for developer. That's why it says none.

That is a good collection, not bad at all. I think that people who have been collecting for a long time and have the means have a big advantage. As for me, I look for sales and hit the pawn shops and import stores.

yeah, it can be seriously hard to collect sometimes. so many amazing games out there, but unless you're loaded with cash, it takes a long time to track them down at garage sales and pawn shops. i think my own collection is about three and a half years old now, and i can't even believe the legwork i've put into it:

http://www.geocities.com/pepelegit/

so congratulation on your collection. good luck as you continue to expand...

Originally posted by yashiro+ Feb 18, 2003 @ 10:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yashiro @ Feb 18, 2003 @ 10:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, it can be seriously hard to collect sometimes. so many amazing games out there, but unless you're loaded with cash, it takes a long time to track them down at garage sales and pawn shops. i think my own collection is about three and a half years old now, and i can't even believe the legwork i've put into it:

http://www.geocities.com/pepelegit/

so congratulation on your collection. good luck as you continue to expand...[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-pepelegit@yahoo.ca
@ Feb 18, 2003 @ 10:58 AM

games and software still unprotected by the game preserve.

obviously, there are hundreds and thousands of item that have not been protected by the safe walls of the game preserve, but there are some that we would like to preserve more than others. email us if you know where we can find these...

SEGA SATURN

NA designates items released in north america. JP designates japanese imports.

albert odyssey NA (our disc is deeply scarred)

*FOUND*dragon force NA*FOUND*

drift king 97 JP

*FOUND*king of fighters 97 JP*FOUND*

marvel vs. capcom JP

metal slug JP

panzer dragoon saga NA

radiant silvergun JP

shining force III NA

street fighter zero 3 JP

tactics ogre JP

vampire savior JP

*FOUND*virtua cop 2 NA*FOUND*

a capcom 4meg RAM cart JP

a backup RAM cart (an official sega one) NA or JP
[/quote]

AFAIK, Marvel Vs. Capcom was never released for the Saturn, even in Japan. It was, however, released for the PlayStation. Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter was the last Versus game released for the Saturn.

thanks. that's actually what i meant, but i guess i was thinking about the other one while i was typing... by the time i'd finished the html on all those pages, i was making mistakes all over the place.

have to fix that next time i update the page...

Gaming collection updated with one new SNES game, and fifteen new Saturn games! See if you can spot 'em!
wink.gif

Very nice. For what you have, so far, you have some of the best games for the listed systems. Welcome to hardcore collecting. Don't forget the old school though. Mastersystems can still be had at good prices and there are a lot of games for it out there. I also really like the early sonic games on the SG 1000 & 3000 system. They can be fun if nothing else than to see the developement of classics like Sonic. Good start. Keep plugging away at it.

Originally posted by falstaff@Mar 12, 2003 @ 02:47 PM

I also really like the early sonic games on the SG 1000 & 3000 system. They can be fun if nothing else than to see the developement of classics like Sonic.

What are those games' titles?

I've never heard of them before.
huh.gif

Originally posted by falstaff@Mar 12, 2003 @ 11:47 AM

Welcome to hardcore collecting.

Ugh, the thought of 'collecting' games (or anything else for that matter) makes me nauseous.. You should get things because you enjoy them and use them, not to add to a collection.

Not that I'm saying you don't do that, it's just the term that bugs me.

Mal...Sonic on sg1000/3000.....did I really say that. I know i meant to say mastersystem. The sg 1000/3000 are interesting systems and you can see early versions of wonderboy and gt monico...but no sonic. Sorry for the misinformation.

Myname....hmmmmmmmmmm? I really see nothing wrong with the word 'collector' or 'collecting'. Without collectors, most of the real serious hands on experiences that you read about here would not exist. And most collectors collect because they love what they are collecting. I don't play all my games regularly, but I have played them. No bragging but I have thousands of them. I have to keep most in storage. So playing them is kind of difficult. But they are preserved for posterity and my kids. Most of the old school systems are getting harder to find. If I have a desire to play them...my storage unit has a/c and I keep and old tv there so i can just plug them in and play. I see it as more of a service to the gaming community that some of us are trying to save them...the real systems and the real game cartridges...not some rom downloaded from a the web.
huh.gif

Originally posted by falstaff@Mar 14, 2003 @ 12:33 PM

Mal...Sonic on sg1000/3000.....did I really say that. I know i meant to say mastersystem.

That makes more sense.
smile.gif

Originally posted by falstaff@Mar 14, 2003 @ 09:33 AM

I have to keep most in storage. I see it as more of a service to the gaming community that some of us are trying to save them...the real systems and the real game cartridges...not some rom downloaded from a the web.
huh.gif

I don't see why they need 'saving' from anything, unless there's some clandestine government plot to wipe them out that I've not heard of yet. I just don't see it as being too useful amassing piles of stuff to put in storage, but that's just me. If everyone put their old games in storage, newcomers would have no choice other than to download roms to play them.

I'm not saying you should sell them all off or anything, it's just that the term suggests to me buying things for the sake of it rather than the quality.

Back