My love for Nintendo went +2 today...

It is amazing how far they go to screw the end user over.

I like it that Nintendo is using standard DVDs this time around. First time they used a standard anything, not that its bad.

I was a big backer of HD-DVD until I heard the latest news. At least HD-DVD doesn't have the extreme copy protection built in. On top of that, has anyone seen the MSRP for Blue-Ray movies? $39.99 for new releases and $29.99 for older movies. With that kind of price, you have got to assume PS3 games are gonna be $60+.

I'm thankful Nintendo is behind in the new media, I don't have to give an arm and a leg for games.

This might be either good or bad for developers seeing as cost of the HD-DVDs are high, so that might mean it's costly to produce also; it also might be good for them if they turn out to be cheap for production and they want to milk the consumers out of cash.

Regardless, bonus for Nintendo!!!!!!!!!!

Simple microeconomics: As demand for the HDDVD player and BluRay rise, so will supply which leads ultimately to lower prices.

The Wii isnt striving to be an entertainment center. I'll get a PS3 for the Games, BluRay, HD, WebBrowser, ect. I will love my PS3 and have plenty of time with it (moreso than the Wii) simply because I will use it more.

Let's use the PSP as an example. When you're sick of playing the games on it, you can just pop in your music stick and jam out to your favorite rock songs while studying. Then, you're done, surf the net. Then, when youre at a friends house, you can show them all the stupid movies u have downloaded into the PSP. All in all, the PSP gets far more "on time" then the DS. I love my ds...but can only play MPH or BrainAge so many times before I just keep the DS "off" til the next big game comes out

Back