My Sega Cd batt is dead

I have a V2.00 sega cd. The battery died over 3 years ago but i had no info on where to get another from. It will not recharge I even left it onfor 24 hours and no go. I have taken the bettery out , now i just to know where to get one. I lost my NBA Jam (like 200wins-75lost) and NHL games. I have downloaded snatcher and it good so far but i don't want to leave the old girl over all the time.

Great site :newbie

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@Mar 4, 2004 @ 05:44 AM

hmmm, so the segacd's battery is recharged by the system?

I didn't know that.

Yep, this is from the manual for my model 2 SCD:

The Sega CD will retain saved games for up to one month without being powered on. After that time, saved data may disappear. If that happens, you'll need to reformat the internal memory. Reformatting will erase any remaining saved games. After reformatting, leave the Sega CD powered on for at least six hours before using its internal memory again.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Mar 7, 2004 @ 02:46 AM

The Sega CD will retain saved games for up to one month without being powered on. After that time, saved data may disappear. If that happens, you'll need to reformat the internal memory. Reformatting will erase any remaining saved games. After reformatting, leave the Sega CD powered on for at least six hours before using its internal memory again.

I did not power my sega unit for about 6 months once when I was away at college, and when I came back all my saves were still accessible :huh

Originally posted by Jedi Master Thrash+Mar 7, 2004 @ 02:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedi Master Thrash @ Mar 7, 2004 @ 02:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alexvrb@Mar 7, 2004 @ 02:46 AM

I did not power my sega unit for about 6 months once when I was away at college, and when I came back all my saves were still accessible :huh [/b][/quote]

They were probably being conservative in their estimate.

Yeah, too bad they didn't use a rechargeable battery on the Saturn and Dreamcast.. grr.

(actually, I think the DC's is but it sure doesn't hold its charge as well as the SegaCD one).

Yeah the DC's battery is rechargable, but isn't that only for the time and date settings? Any saves go to a VMU or equivalent and they work just fine without a battery.

Yeah the DC's battery is rechargable, but isn't that only for the time and date settings? Any saves go to a VMU or equivalent and they work just fine without a battery.

Yeah, but it annoys me that it dies _even when the unit is plugged in_. I'm not sure if the 'net settings are stored in the same place or not.

The DC battery only maintains the internal clock for time and date. All other settings are in the Flash ROM. Unfortunately the DC only recharges it's battery while the console is turned on. So you just gotta turn it on for 10-15 minutes once a week to recharge the battery.

Even if your Saturn battery dies, can't you just get a replacement for like $2 at Wal-Mart?? Doesn't it just use a standard-issue 2032 watch/hearing aid/whatever battery?

What's irritating is when old cartridges go dead. I have an original copy of Phantasy Star I. It never got used (it was new) but the battery inside was dead. I opened it up and it had a non-rechargeable battery just like the Saturn battery inside, but it was soldered (sp) onto the board and I figured it was more trouble than it was worth to try to replace it. So I just used a different cart.

I am gonna try my first attempt at replacing a cart battery. My FF 2 (US) no longer saves. I found a 2032 battery clip for around 50 cents. I'm gonna pick one of them and a 2032 and try replacing it. Ive looked around and it doesn't sound that tough.

so has anyones battery gone bad to where it wont recharge ?

i dont know if mine is good just read this thread and i am letting my sega charge it for 6 hours like it says but i am still j/w

lastly anyone know where you can buy one from ? if no one does i will ask sony

thanks all !

Back