My Sega Saturn Digital Pad Design

Hello people, i made the schematic & PCB so that anyone with a little knowledge in electronics could build his own digital pad for the Sega Saturn.

The link:

here

Ii'll be waiting for some feedback.

Good Luck.

This would be excellent for wiring up an arcade stick without butchering a Saturn pad (the world truly needs more Saturn pads, not fewer :D). I would suggest sending this to the PC2JAMMA page, but I don't think it's been updated for quite a while...

Yes, the ICs i used are the same, but not the connection...that makes the difference.

I cannot negate that i based my schematic using kashi's one, but i tryed his schematic and didn't work...

The PCB is in the link i posted before.

I did my project on a protoboard and works perfect.

I've done a PSX to SS converter too, with fully digital/analog functions(so, PSX analog pad works just like Sega 3D analog pad)but, i had problems with original PSX joysticks, they had a lot of lag(aprox. 1 second) but with two non original PSX joysticks, the result was almost perfect(almost because there was some ghosting on L1 trigger and the triangule).

Sadly, i get bored of trying before finishing the project( i made it 1 year ago) so...it's incomplete. Maybe i'll finished it and post the necesary info.

Regards.

I've finished my PSX to SS analog converter. Due to the fact i speak Spanish, i posted it in other forum(next project will be published here, i promess).

PSX to SS

Good luck!

Back