My updated dev project aims

This is a continuation of my other posts. I've decided on what I want to do. The following is from my website:

"Saturn Team has launched an ambitious three-pronged mission: 1) Publish and release, worldwide, the next commercial game for Sega Saturn!, 2) Create a backwards-compatible follow-up console to the Saturn, and 3) Publish the premiere 1st party game title for the new console."

I am going to try to team up with a Saturn programmer to work on an original Saturn game, which would probably be a short-rather than complicated-game. Let me know if you have suggestions. I want to do a fully 3D game. I will be slowly putting together plans on the console, but I'm not focusing on that right now. I have begun working with the Blueprint system in Unreal Engine 4 for the new console game, and am considering what kind of game I want to do. It will be some kind of third-person view title.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have launched my site's forum. I'll be making posts there about my Saturn game, new console, and game for the console. I have other sections, including spots to talk about Saturn and Dreamcast. I have also included the Unofficial Jo Sega Saturn Forum, where we can ask each other questions about the engine and map editor.

Last edited:
I just wanted to give an update on my project. I have had a lot going on in my life this year. Unfortunately, my project has been suspended for most of the year. I just moved my website to http://saturnteam.wordpress.com, due to money issues. I am still considering how I want to move forward on my work. As my site will not be self-hosted, I will be moving my Saturn Kai tutorial to a new page on my new site.

What have you done so far?
I am using the Jo Engine and Code Blocks to make a game for the Saturn. I am using a Pseudo Saturn Kai cartridge to boot my own discs to test the game as I go along. It's a slow process, because I'm still learning C. The last time I worked on it, I was having camera issues and trying to run it in 480i, which I found out isn't supported by Jo Engine.

The game I am working on is similar to Radiant Silvergun. I will include 3D cutscenes, artwork, OST, and maybe some other stuff.

The game I am working on is similar to Radiant Silvergun. I will include 3D cutscenes, artwork, OST, and maybe some other stuff.
it's promising, please share your beta versions on github ! and at least your progress here !

Last edited:
I will try to keep everyone updated along the way. I also post on the Jo Engine forum and the Sega Saturn:UK forum. I started working on the sound effect and music concepts today. I would really like to release the game on a self-booting CD, but I have poured over the discussions over the years on that and it doesn't seem likely. I probably won't release it until Professor Abrasive's Satiator device goes on the market.

Back