N64 on Gamecube?

Currently Nintendo has a poll up on their home page asking if people would be interested in an adapter that would let them play Nintendo 64 games on their Gamecube, and how much they would be willing to pay for it. I don't know about all of you, but to me this would be possibly the best accesory to ever grace a Nintendo console, especialy if they ran in high res (like all the emulated N64 games do).

I encourage everyone who even has a remote interest in the N64 to vote on this. Here is a quick link to their homepage (as if you all didn't already know it).

Voted, thats great, Nintendo is really changing ... I would pay up to $50 depending on what it did. HiRes would be amazing.

I'd only do it if it supports N64 controllers. Sin and Punishment, for instance, would probably feel wrong on anything else.

Anyway, it's good to see that they're thinking about not letting that N64 emulator rust in the attic (at least, I assume they'd be using the emulator, since it already exists and would be vastly cheaper than actually using N64 hardware).

SWEET! now those 40 N64 games wont go to waste ;). Hi-res would also be a HUGE plus, as would being able to save games on GCN memory cards (maybe even support both kinds and have a data-transfer thing between the 2). As for supposrting N64 controllers, a simple converter would do :).

Back