Name of the saturn chip?

Right now, I am in the process of building a website that'll basically have reviews of modchips. I was wondering, does the saturn modchip have a name?

Not that I've ever seen. I know there are several different versions, and some of the versions look very similar though. Some chips are compatible with more saturns than others.

you will need to include the dual pin chip as I know and saw it...

thing is I could not find the source for this elusive dual 20/21 pin chip anywhere... :(

Originally posted by dj898@Mon, 2005-07-11 @ 01:07 PM

you will need to include the dual pin chip as I know and saw it...

thing is I could not find the source for this elusive dual 20/21 pin chip anywhere... :(

[post=136557]Quoted post[/post]​

You mean one like this: :D

v11.jpg

Saturn Mod Chip Board V1.1 (20/21 pin)

(about a third of the way down the page)

I've seen that store quite a few times looking for images of the different chips...

Are they reputable or not??? Anyone ever buy from them?

I bought a bunch of 21 pin modboards from that place either early this year or late last year.

But yeah, they're reliable.

ah! they sell 20pin mod boards!! Hmmm, there lack of payment options makes it a bit hard, since I work pretty much 10 - 12 hour days :/

I'd say that they're old stock, but why don't you send the guy an email and ask him?

I inquired to him about his stock of them and he said they were old stock and once his supply ran out he would not be able to get any more in.

Makes me wonder why sevral places still manufacture the 21 pin versions but are not interested in the 20?

I realize that Saturn modchip manufacturing is probably not a lucrative bussiness but if your going to do it why not support everything?

Also here is a translated site listing several of the Modchips that were available for the Saturn

Saturn Modchips

They even have a link to SX, and one to racket.

i've ordered few samples from him...

will see how they turn up...

so I finally get mod my CartDev saturn and not using system disc... :p

these just turned up... :D

sadly though I won't have time to do with any of these since I will be on holiday next week... :(

Originally posted by dj898@Fri, 2005-07-29 @ 10:43 AM

these just turned up... :D

sadly though I won't have time to do with any of these since I will be on holiday next week... :(

[post=137510]Quoted post[/post]​

have you tried the dual slot chip yet? I've been told they dont work and as such cancelled my order for one an intended to hack a 21 pin chip. If this works it would be a whole world simpler. :lol:

There's no need to hack you either use the 21 pin slot or the 20 pin, the modding seems the easiest of them all I haven't tried it yet cause I don't have a multimeter yet so I don't know where exactly to get the +5v.

Originally posted by Zheræ@Tue, 2005-08-23 @ 12:54 PM

There's no need to hack you either use the 21 pin slot or the 20 pin, the modding seems the easiest of them all I haven't tried it yet cause I don't have a multimeter yet so I don't know where exactly to get the +5v.

[post=138622]Quoted post[/post]​

If you have a model 1, check my guide for 5v. In general red should be 5v ;)

About the hacking, in order to use a 21 pin mod on a 20 pin box, you need to rewire it and remove a section. The mod above seems to be an alternative solution, one id like to hear proof of working before i buy ;)

It seems a bit different from yours you saying the red cable is normally the +5v? Thanks at least I have a starting point I'll check it out later.

Attachments

• SAT2.JPG
    SAT2.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 111
  • SAT2.JPG
    SAT2.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 109
Originally posted by Zheræ@Wed, 2005-08-24 @ 03:05 PM

It seems a bit different from yours you saying the red cable is normally the +5v? Thanks at least I have a starting point I'll check it out later.

[post=138678]Quoted post[/post]​

From your picture it looks identical to mine.

Take the power supply away from the lid (two screws by power lead socket and one on top of board iirc) then look on the board, it should have the wires labeled on the other side. :)

Back