Narrow down Saturn "Best Games" List

racketboy

Established Member
We need to narrow down the list of the Best Saturn Games.

Please select one game that you think is NOT worthy to be on the list.

The top 4 will be eliminated.

I vote for Darius Gaiden because it's a weak game for Saturn, it could be a SFC games and many times I don't like colors.
smile.gif

If I could put more votes, I'd add:

- Mega Man X4

- Gunbird

Games like Deep Fear, Sega Touring Car and Choro Q Park
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
can't be removed from "best games".

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@Jun 24, 2003 @ 09:01 PM

I thought MMX4 was okay, but I agree with you about Darius Gaiden.

It's just I don't like Megaman
smile.gif

Originally posted by WARLORD@Jun 24, 2003 @ 07:18 PM

Darius Gaiden, of course. An average game that has nothing new to offer. Why was it on the list anyway? :huh

that's what this poll is here for

It has got to be Sega Touring Car. It is sooo bad. When you go under a bridge the frame rate drops from its usual 15fps to 2 or 3 fps. It is unforgivable and sega shoudl have issued an apoligy

I thought Darius Gaiden was pretty good. I played it a lot, anyway. I had to vote Choro Q Park because the cars handle like crap. But it was cute. This list is harder than the other ones.

Originally posted by PopGun@Jun 25, 2003 @ 03:10 PM

It has got to be Sega Touring Car. It is sooo bad. When you go under a bridge the frame rate drops from its usual 15fps to 2 or 3 fps. It is unforgivable and sega shoudl have issued an apoligy

Sega Touring Car has a really amazing speed, you can appreciate this game only if you spend many hours on it and masterize all corners. without hundred hours on it you can't give a correct opinion.

Originally posted by PopGun@Jun 25, 2003 @ 08:10 AM

Usual 15 fps? Drops to 2 or 3 fps? :eek:mg: What game are you playing? Is it the PC version on a 486 CPU? The Saturn version runs at something between 20-25 fps, and if played at Time Trial mode (without other cars) the game reaches a constant 30 fps.

I second VBT's opinion on this, i hated Sega Touring Car at the beggining, but after some playing, it really grew on me, and nowadays i think it's a great racer, and the speed is incredible!
cool.gif

Thanks WARLORD, I appreciate your suport
biggrin.gif

between, are you the WARLORD I know from Direct Connect ?

Originally posted by vbt@Jun 25, 2003 @ 05:00 PM

between, are you the WARLORD I know from Direct Connect ?

Yes i am VBT. I was the one who shared Nissan Overdrivin GTR.
cool.gif
Good to meet you here!
biggrin.gif

yeah Sega Touring Car was a nightmare....

I can still remeber I've played it on Arcade and I liked it very much...I was really looking forward to the day it was released on Sega Saturn so I bought it for almost 100$...

then after playing it.....well I'd rather say nothing, cause otherway I'll get baned from this Message Board for swearing ^^

Well a great arcade game horribly ported to the Sega Saturn...

PS sry4my english

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@Jun 25, 2003 @ 08:42 PM

Poor Tomb Raider
sad.gif
You weren't so bad

I agree. What's wrong with Tomb Raider? People seem to have an uncontrollable feeling of hatred towards this game. I guess i'll never understand that. :huh

If it weren't for Tomb Raider, we wouldn't have the 3D behind-the-view games we all play nowadays. I know, Tomb Raider wasn't the first game of its kind (Fade To Black was older), but it was the most famous one. To tell the truth, i don't even like Tomb Raider and most 3D action games, but the game is surely better than, say, Darius Gaiden, which wasn't anything new or revolutionary for it's time. Of course, this is all my opinion.
smile.gif

Originally posted by racketboy+Jun 26, 2003 @ 09:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Jun 26, 2003 @ 09:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-WARLORD@Jun 26, 2003 @ 01:33 PM

If it weren't for Tomb Raider, we wouldn't have the 3D behind-the-view games we all play nowadays.

is that a bad thing? [/b][/quote]

:agree Hehe... You are right. All i was saying is Tomb Raider is not that bad. It was revolutionary anyway, either on a good or a bad sense.

I'm disapointed
sad.gif
I can't understand that games like deep fear and tomb raider will be put out.
sad.gif
:(
sad.gif
For Darius I understand totally. For me a gunbird has some reason to be removed it has nothing special for him. Deep Fear and Tomb Raider can be considered as innovative games with good design and atmosphere.

well aparently not a lot of people liked tomb raider -- the vote was pretty overwhelming

Deep Fear was tied with some others but I gave Sega Touring Car and Soukyugurentai the nod over it.

Should we have a second round of voting to see if Deep Fear is more popular than some others?

Back