Naughty Saturn Games

Originally posted by mal@Jan. 05 2003, 6:44 am

Does anyone know what the difference between the yellow and red ratings are?

Google search > United Video > www.unitedvideo.co.nz/wa.asp%3FidWebPage%3D2358+red+and+yellow+label+ratings&hl=en&ie=UTF-8]United Video (cached by Google)[/url]

The colour of the labels on films, videos and games can be compared to those on traffic lights.

Green means GO - anyone can view this film, even young children. Green is only used for the G label, suitable for General audiences.

Yellow means CAUTION - anyone can view this film, but you might want to check the descriptive note before viewing, or letting your child view this title. Yellow is used for the PG label, Parental Guidance recommended for younger Viewers and the M label, suitable for Mature audiences 16 years and over.

Red means STOP - it is illegal for some people to view this film. Red is used for all restricted films.

The systems might be similar, but I don't believe they are the same.

My copy of Shin Shinobi Den has a yellow rating, yet it has the number '18' with the characters below it.

Here's another site with explanations of the color labeling system:

Tenchi Muyo: Ryo Ohki Gokuraku:

This isn't really a game as much as a collection of clips, etc. It is red label, which means it is meant for 18+. I do not own this, as I have heard that, if you have the uncensored OVAs, you have seen most of the clips on this disc. Also, it is in pure japanese, and there are no translations I can find currently. [ cover scan ]

Tenchi Muyo: Mimiri Onsen:

This game is about a trip to a hot spring with everyone, or so I have heard. I haven't played this game either, but I know it runs much like Tokomuyo and the Neon Genesis Evangelion PSX game, so you will need an understanding of Japanese to enjoy it. It is yellow label because of Ryoko's frontal nudity. [ cover scan ]

Tenchi Muyo: Rensa Hitsuyou:

This is a puzzle game, and is probably the best bet for English-speaking Tenchi fans as little Japanese comprehension is required to play. I am trying to get my hands on this one to try it out. I think you play as Ryoko and Ayeka battling over Tenchi, it is suppost to be a great two player game, and it's green label means it is appropriate for all. [ cover scans ]

Here are two more examples of yellow label games:

Steam Heart's

The very rare yellow label shooter with risque cut scenes and dialogue. A very good shooter, too. [ cover scans ]

Virtua Call S

Watered-down version of a "naughty" PC date sim game... yellow label. No nudity, just suggestiveness. [ cover scans ]

I would conclude that green means no nudity, yellow means partial or suggestive nudity, and red means full blown nudity. In other words, the color is an indication of the intensity of nudeness.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Jan. 06 2003, 4:10 am

In other words, the color is an indication of the intensity of nudeness.
tongue.gif

Unless I just haven't got to the naughtiness in Shin Shinobi Den, I guess it covers graphic, realistic violence as well.

Yeah. Toyko Shadow is the same way. No nudity but a lot of gory images and scenary. Kinda intersting that the white actress in it occassioanlly speaks in English, tossing in a few swear words.

There's also this other yellow label Saturn game, don't recall which one, but it has none either but does have a guy foaming at the mouth, think he was poisoned.

Back