Need for a program loader ?

Wow - simply, wow. Amazing work VBT... this is so cool
smile.gif
I think we all have been dreaming of this for a long time but realistically it had been mostly abandoned some time ago. Thanks for realizing this amazing feat.
wub.gif

---Ammut

Mhh...Ive been reading this thread..and..You have done an excellent job dude..

Ermm...Im not very sure about this..but...does this mean that we will be able to play burnt games wihout a mod-chip?!?! :huh ..pleasecorrect me if im wrong..

new_bootmenu.jpg

Here is the next background for the Bootloader (Mater JMC gave me some help
smile.gif
), it works fine on emus so I'll burn it soon
smile.gif

PS : In ordr to have the right palette using Girigiri I had to put twice time the palette in memory but there was no bug on SFF and Satourne, did someone notice the same bug ?

Code:
	SCL_AllocColRam(SCL_NBG0,256,OFF); 

SCL_SetColRam(SCL_NBG0,0,256,palette);

SCL_SetColRamMode(SCL_CRM15_1024);

Maybe I forgot to do something to register the palette at the first time, but two elus displyas right colors ?????

Just a simple question : do you think if I add the 3rd part boot disc on my boot loader and then make reset I could continue to test other progs without making swap ?

Other point I've made my own CTI creator to recreate CDs and now can make a lot of tests on games, the conclusion is that the games I can put must have the same program starting address (0x0600400).

Last question does someone is still interested with a release to make his own CD ?

The compressed file should contain :

- sl.cti

- 0.bin

- fld_knl.bin

- menu.bin

- menu_pal.bin

- abs.txt

- bib.txt

- cpy.txt

Originally posted by vbt@Jul 27, 2003 @ 10:33 AM

Other point I've made my own CTI creator to recreate CDs and now can make a lot of tests on games, the conclusion is that the games I can put must have the same program starting address (0x0600400).

Does this mean transfering data from one prog to another is impossible ?

Last question does someone is still interested with a release to make his own CD ?

I'm interested :)

You should make a release that we can use for the contest. Just tell everyone who's entering to compile to 0x06004000, and create a directory with their stuff. Hopefully it'll work.

Originally posted by slinga@Jul 27, 2003 @ 04:43 PM

You should make a release that we can use for the contest. Just tell everyone who's entering to compile to 0x06004000, and create a directory with their stuff. Hopefully it'll work.

In fact, there are two prerequisites :

- IP.BIN and APP ENTRY must use 0x06004000 as starting address

- the area from 0x200000 to 0x202000 cannot be used

Also maybe I should make a specific image for the contest ;)

Originally posted by Reinhart+Jul 27, 2003 @ 04:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reinhart @ Jul 27, 2003 @ 04:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-vbt@Jul 27, 2003 @ 10:33 AM

Does this mean transfering data from one prog to another is impossible ?

[/b][/quote]

No or I don't understand your question

I'm interested :)

Ok then I'll try to put a release next week :)

Here is a small realease (8Mo), only button A, B and C can be used, I removed subfolders for other tests :

A - SMS simple menu (I'll put a working SMS emu next time)

B - GT24

C - pic viewer

I removed above all audio tracks, I don't know if it can cause problems on Saturn, this version with only one audio traack worked on Girigiri, also you can add all audio track s you want
smile.gif
still there : https://vberthelot.free.fr/working_multib.ace

yes sir we are aware you have been the master of binary switching for 20 years
nope, i've found back this loader and it works better than my new one, it should have the same results.
two possibilities :
- the compiler
- the version of the fld lib / sbl

Back