Need Help for Booting Legit Imports

Hi all!

I have got an R7 Model Dreamcast, (Model #HKT-3000) and am having trouble getting it to Boot 1. Rush 2049 (PAL) and 2. Kiss Psycho Circus (PAL). Both discs are brand new. I have tried these boot discs...

Utopia 1.2

CDX Action Replay Demo

DC Hakker

Does anybody have a work aound or helpful links?... Mal?

An R7? :yum

Do you have another DC to test the GDROMs in?

It could just be the discs. I've had one game completely fail to load and one that will always crash at a certain point and both discs look fine.

And that's after trying 2 different DCs. :(

Hey Mal,

Hoping that you'd reply,... i will try in Hello Kitty DC, but both the discs are perfect. Kiss Psycho Circus was brand new and sealed ( i just got it today!!! ) and Rush 2049. Interestingly, RUSH 2049 has written on the bottom of the DISC... "Compatable with all Dreamcast hardware bearing the x mark" Its a PAL disc also, i'll end a foto to you later if you want. Usually it says "Compatable with all Dreamcast hardware bearing the PALE mark". But Kiss just has the usual PALE

A Hello Kitty DC as well?!? Wow!

Bearing the "x"mark? How odd. A pic would be great. :)

Originally posted by Berty@Jan 15, 2004 @ 03:14 PM

i will try in Hello Kitty DC

Jealousy... ;)

Like Mal said, DC games seem to be far more inconsistent than most other games when it comes to working properly. I've got a few games that boot maybe once out of twenty times and they look absolutely flawless, whereas I've Playstation and Saturn games that are scratched tae fuck and they work every time. Dunno if it's something to do with the GD-Rom format or the DC itself.

In my experience, if the DCX won't boot it then you're pretty stuck. You could always try a modchip I guess but it wouldn't be worth the risk on those tasty systems.

Thanks for your responses, I have tried my Hello Kitty (Also a HKT-3000) and i have had no luck. Everytime i go to boot Rush 2049 it take me back to the CD screen, although the disc was perfect. Kiss Psycho Circus get to the Windows CE screen and then goes to black, CD still spinning.

What are people experiences with the mod chips? do they have a high failure rate?

I have a modded US Sports DC and booting works fine with 99% of all games. Problem is that there are graphical glitches while accessing the GD-Rom - that really sucks.

I think it's the modchip - i'll never mod again one of my other DC consoles.

Save your money and better get a PAL DC console for your PAL games - this works 100% and you don't have to mod one of your limited edition consoles.

Did you try DC-X (NOT CDX)?

I had a brand new PAL V-Rally which wouldn't work on my PAL DC, but it did when I used DC-X! Weird.

DC-X works for me when the others don't.

Hello,

My hello kitty was $405 AUD before shipping. I managed to get one locally so i saved on shipping. I got the hot pink one, not the blue one.

Better go for a red Biohazard LE Dc - it looks much better than both Hello Kitty Edition DC's.

The Biohazard's red look much more intense.

Back