Need help w/possible Tempo 32x debugger

I was working on some Tempo 32x ROM hacks and I came across what looks like a possible debugger in the game.

Here is some of the text (starting at $07D048)...

MD DEBUGGER VER 1.00

CHARACTER

SPRITE

CELL EDIT

CG MODE

CL MODE

BGR DATA

and some other misc stuff.

Does anyone know anything about this? Can anyone find out if the debugger is still functional?

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer on this.

Thanks,

Tony.

I don't know how useful it is, but it's kinda fun. It allows you to edit any of the Genesis-side graphics.

You can unlock it by changing the word at $07D578 to $4E71 (instead of $4E75). I don't know if there's a better way to access it, though.

To enable/disable the debugger, hold A+B+C and press RIGHT on the d-pad.

To toggle between CG mode (patterns) and CL mode (colors), hold START and press any direction on the d-pad.

To change the select mode, hold A and press a direction.

When in "cell edit" mode, press B to overwrite a pixel with the current color (selected in CL mode).

You should be able to figure the rest out.

I must warn that the interface is garbled when the debugger is used in-game but it seems to work fine otherwise.

Thanks TascoDLX, I really appreciate the help. I remember a couple years ago, I found an in-game cheat menu in the Kolibri 32x ROM, but couldn't figure out how to activate it. I'm pretty sure you were the one who figured it out.

Anyways, I'm gonna go change that RTS to an NOP and check out the debugger.

Of course, I thought the name sounded familiar. Incidentally, Kolibri was the first 32X ROM I examined and that was a while back. At any rate, glad I could help once more, you're very welcome.

Here's a couple Tempo 32x ROM "enhancements" for anyone interested...

$010A96:6004 = Infinite lives

$0203FA:6004 = Infinite health

Back