Need Help With My SEGA CD

Hi every1, I'm new in this forum and this is my first post.

Well this is my problem, i have buyed a SEGA CD model 2, and i found that the motor is not spining, I have searched the forum looking for an answer about the same problem would have been posted and resolved, but i found nothing, jus similar problems. OK the diagnostics are these:

Sistem Used for test:

SEGA Genesis Console (My Original own sistem)

Model No. : 1601

Rating: DC 9V 1.2A

(Power supply for this sistem: I'm using the original SEGA AC~DC converter Model 1602-1 [DC 10V 1.2A])

attached on a

SEGA CD

Model: MK-4102

Rating: DC 9V 1.2A

(Power supply for this sistem: I'm using the original SEGA AC~DC converter Model 1602 [DC 9V 1.2A])

Similar problem posted:

Diferences (These apply to my SEGA CD):

In the first link/post [1]: Mostly the same, the motor who takes the task of spin CD is not responding, but the laser motor and the lens rail is working, furthermore I'm using the correct power supply for both sistems.

In the second link/post [2]: (I don't have that problem on my SEGA CD but this user comment caught my eye).

Originally posted by Strictly Styles@Wed, 2002-04-03 @ 11:32 AM

if its not spinning it might be some trouble with the internal battery of the sega cd, i dunno about your region problems

[post=17092]Quoted post[/post]​

Checked that too i have used my digital multimeter to see if the battery was dead and voila!! The display was 2.44V (meaning that the battery was not dead, BTW the battery instaled on that SEGA CD is a 3V MnO2-Li Rechargeable button battery).

The BIOS and everything else is working fine.

Yes when I turn on the genesis without a cartrige the acces led on the SEGA CD blinks and it shows the BIOS screen:

001.png

if I press the star button it takes me to this screen:

002.png

Additional coments: I don't think the CD motor is dead cuz' I have apply a 3VDC to him and it spin & work normaly, no buzz or strange sounds founded.

Also checked the CD tray swich, working normally, and the connectors too.

The only conector that is bugging me is one refered as CN403, nothing attached to it, is just alone.

Sorry if this is much :blah I just wanted to give details for makin this problem more especific and concise.

hi I don´t know how to fix your problem, just wanted to let you know that the connector cn403 (vr403) is meant to be empty. I have sega CD model 2 PAL and there is nothing connected to this connector. I think it is some sort of sega maintenance diagnostics connector or something simillar.

BTW: Try to measure the motor first (in ON state), if it gets power.

I would recommend to change the battery too, because these batteries are rechargeable (mine is), and can indicate wrong numbers. BUT I don't believe this is the problem, because the battery is there just to remember the savestates (to keep the info in ram, when you disconnect the game from power supply).

yeah and sorry for bad english:tophat:

Back