need help

well mi game gear was working perfect until yesterday when the scren started to get dark and now i cant see anything exept for white screen with black lines and a weird sound from the speaker.does anyone know whats the matter.

Sounds like a power supply problem. To make sure the problem is inside your Game Gear you can try using a diffierent plug pack or see if it works on batteries.

If you open your Game Gear the power supply is the small board on the back side of the chassis with the power jack on it. If you have another game gear unit you should be able to swap it. You may even be able to fix it by replacing a component but it is too difficult to tell unless it is sitting right in front of me.

Be very careful on opening a gamegear because it has a high voltage in the back of the LCD screen extreme caution must be observed

Originally posted by Kuta@Thu, 2006-02-02 @ 08:56 PM

Sounds like a power supply problem. 

the power supply is the small board on the back side of the chassis with the power jack on it.  If you have another game gear unit you should be able to swap it.

[post=144061]Quoted post[/post]​

Sometimes black screen on gamegears doesn't automatically directs you to the power supply.

When you open up your gamegear and look closely at the sides of the gamegear's LCD there are 2 fusible resistors on the left and right sides sometimes these fusible resistors pop up and gives you black screen problem. This happens because the high voltage generator which lights up the flourescent light emits surges of voltage and overloads the said resistors replacing it might solve the problem

The reason I suspected the power supply is because the problem also affect the sound. I thought it would be unusual for a screen problem to have an affect on the sound.

Back