neo geo pocket titles

i just bought a neo geo pocket color for 14 bucks on ebay it came with one game puyo pop and i ordered sonic for it also have a bid on BIOMOTOR UNITRON heard that was a pretty good title.

what are so other good games? or am i the only one interrested in the ngpc?

There are lots of good games for the NGPC. Here's what I have:

SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millenium - must have! the best pocket fighting game ever.

SNK vs. Capcom : Cardfighter's clash - also a must have, really fun

Neo Turf Masters - really fun golf game, like the big Neo version

Metal Slug: 1st mission - It's Metal Slug, the gameplay is a little bit different but it's still lots of fun.

Metal Slug: 2nd mission - An improvement in every way

Last Blade Pocket - Great game, uses the fighting engine from SS!2, but better

Samurai Shodown! 2 - SS on the go, a little slow paced and simplistic for my taste but still fun.

King of Fighters R-2 - Basically a pocket KOF'98, good fun and has a cool quest mode

Fatal Fury First Contact - Pocket FF Real Bout 2, fun (I'm a big fan of the original), but this is probably one of the lesser fighters on the system

Pac-Man - Basically an arcade perfect port of Pac-Man, it's a lot better if you get the 4-way joystick addon that goes with it.

Dark Arms : Beast Busters 1999 - Cool Zelda-like title, horrible translation but still entertaining

Sonic Pocket Adventure - Basically Sonic 2 Pocket, not as good as the original but more fun than the Sonic Advance games IMO

Games I want to get but haven't gotten yet:

Faselei! -- This is a mech combat strategy/RPG game.

Gal's Fighters -- like KOFR-2 only with all female characters

Cotton - port of the shooter, the only shooter on the system

I'd go for Metal Slug first

I've been tempted to pick one of these Pockets for quite some time.

How's the screen compare to the different variations of the GBAs?

It's not backlit, but it looks pretty nice. Definitely nowhere near as dark as the original GBA.

Metal Slug on NGPC is fun, but as a HUGE Metal Slug fan (Metal Slug is my favorite game), I'd have to say it lacks the frantic fast paced action of the real series. It's a bit slower and more platform-y, more like a Mega Man game or something. IMO, Match of the Millenium is THE essential game for NGPC.

thanks for the info id love to find cotton but im sure its rare im watchin a couple copies of match of the millenium im a big fan of 2d fighters hopefully i get my ngpc by the wkend im dying to try it out if i find cotton ill grab it and let u know how it is ill be keepin this list and checkin out ebay and local shops for goodies

Originally posted by crazygoat@Thu, 2006-01-19 @ 05:32 AM

thanks for the info id love to find cotton but im sure its rare im watchin a couple copies of match of the millenium im a big fan of 2d fighters hopefully i get my ngpc by the wkend im dying to try it out if i find cotton ill grab it and let u know how it is ill be keepin this list and checkin out ebay and local shops for goodies

[post=143596]Quoted post[/post]​

Cotton is good but not fantastic. It is also rare.

SNK Vs Capcom : Card Clash 2 (Japanese only) is excellent.

Faseilei is very good.

Biomotor Unitron, a very good RPG à la Pokémon (first episode available in english).

Originally posted by ZikZak@Fri, 2006-01-20 @ 12:07 PM

Cotton is good but not fantastic. It is also rare.

SNK Vs Capcom : Card Clash 2 (Japanese only) is excellent.

Faseilei is very good.

Biomotor Unitron, a very good RPG à la Pokémon (first episode available in english).

[post=143642]Quoted post[/post]​

If you like rpg's id suggest beast buster and evolution.

I never go evolution though it sells for $70+

Speaking of Neo geo pocket titles which games can you hook up to the dreamcast with the cable? Is it just KOF r2 and Match of the millenium?

I really enjoyed Gal fighters since my fav fighters are there. My kof teams when i can usually consist of whip leona and some random chick :p.

Sonic for NGPC I am still indifferent too. I have finished the game without the chaos emeralds. I found it a bit easier than Sonic 2 except for the special stages which are harder. Would be nice if you could play as tails. Collision detection can be off at times as well. Especially near spikes. When hit you stand behind the spikes and not on top that threw me off a little.

I pretty much play KOF the most with Metal slug a close second. Wouldn't mind picking up a copy of biomotor if i can find an english ver on ebay :p. Seems a bit sparce.

Games I own

PacMan

Fatal Fury 1st Contact

King of Fighters R2

Samurai Showdown 2

Neo Turf Masters

Metal Slug 1

Metal Slug 2

Puzzle bobble mini

Sonic

Gal fighters

Match of the millenium