New buy/sell/trade idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
What do you guys think of a half.com style of buying/selling/trading on SX?

Just an idea, tell me what you think?

ok cool
biggrin.gif

I think it would be great.

Half.com is cool, but their fees eat up most of your income.

Plus we could improve on the system by tailoring it to VG colletors.

Like have more specific condition details like case, booklet, disc condition and such.

Originally posted by racketboy@May 7, 2003 @ 09:06 PM

ok cool
biggrin.gif

Like have more specific condition details like case, booklet, disc condition and such.

kinda like a huge database site where each user can add a list of their own games, and games they want, and are willing to trade and such, and they can publish their wanted/trade lists out for others to see.....oh shit...that site exists!

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey+May 7, 2003 @ 07:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkankinMonkey @ May 7, 2003 @ 07:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@May 7, 2003 @ 09:06 PM

ok cool
biggrin.gif

kinda like a huge database site where each user can add a list of their own games, and games they want, and are willing to trade and such, and they can publish their wanted/trade lists out for others to see.....oh shit...that site exists! [/b][/quote]

:bs

yeah except that site doesn't have a good enough user base yet....

plus VGR doesn't have that much detail for buying and selling anyway.

I had better luck selling on the BST Boards

Originally posted by racketboy+May 7, 2003 @ 10:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ May 7, 2003 @ 10:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@May 7, 2003 @ 07:13 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-racketboy
@May 7, 2003 @ 09:06 PM

ok cool
biggrin.gif

kinda like a huge database site where each user can add a list of their own games, and games they want, and are willing to trade and such, and they can publish their wanted/trade lists out for others to see.....oh shit...that site exists!

:bs

yeah except that site doesn't have a good enough user base yet....

Anyway, that never stopped people from opening up other online stores after Amazon.com opened shop. [/b][/quote]

Just pointing out that someone doesn't have an original idea in his head
biggrin.gif
devil.gif

I'm not thinking Ice is dreaming up a money maker for himself.

But he does pay a good chuck out of his pocket to run this place.

Originally posted by tsumake@May 7, 2003 @ 09:17 PM

How about if we simplify, perhaps using paypal as the transfer service?

I would want to take other methods though.

There are a growing amount of people that don't like Paypal.

Also if you are somebody like me who [used to] accept a lot of payments or credit card transaction via Paypal, you have to upgrade to a premium account and pay fees on every transaction
sad.gif

i don't like paypal and it pisses me off when ppl say paypal only
angry.gif
its cuz i hate credit cards they are evil things that if you don't run em rite your soon livin your life by trying to pay the damned things off with a 18% interest rate and its compounding which is dumb. so plzzz have other payment methods :cheers

Originally posted by gamefoo21@May 8, 2003 @ 01:50 AM

i don't like paypal and it pisses me off when ppl say paypal only
angry.gif
its cuz i hate credit cards they are evil things that if you don't run em rite your soon livin your life by trying to pay the damned things off with a 18% interest rate and its compounding which is dumb. so plzzz have other payment methods :cheers

I love credit cards. You just have to think of them as cash.

I always pay my entire balance every month.

I can import my statements into Quicken.

I also get $100s cash back from Discover a year.

I agree. Credit cards are cool if you use them wisely.

They are close to the ultimate in convenience and don't cost that much to use if you don't go crazy with them.

The one I have has only an AU$500 (around US$250) limit and is really useful.
smile.gif

Oh yeah, I've never had any problems with Paypal either. *shrug*

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@May 7, 2003 @ 07:40 PM

Just pointing out that someone doesn't have an original idea in his head
biggrin.gif
devil.gif

Skankmonkey:

Unfortunately, such attitudes like yours are what's keeping people from wasting their time there. I mean, c'mon, the first time you went online, a few people were flamed by the staff. That just goes to show that it's run by a bunch of 13yrs olds.

Iceman2k: I think that's a great idea!! I have not seen a site other than half.com with such a system. Atleast, if it is what I think it is
smile.gif

We were thinking of $0.25 per listing, it goes to a good cause (helping pay for the site).

We would not go with paypal as I HATE paypal and all there stupid fees for EVERYTHING you do!!!!

Thanks for the input guys, you were most helpfull.

Lyzel: it probably is what you think it is
wink.gif

Originally posted by IceMan2k@May 8, 2003 @ 07:12 PM

We were thinking of $0.25 per listing, it goes to a good cause (helping pay for the site).

We would not go with paypal as I HATE paypal and all there stupid fees for EVERYTHING you do!!!!

Thanks for the input guys, you were most helpfull.

Lyzel: it probably is what you think it is
wink.gif

well the thing that is nice about Half.com is that you don't pay unless you sell

that way you don't have to hesitate listing something afraid that you'll lose out on fees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back