New buy/sell/trade idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like an interesting idea.

I really don't mind this board how it is, but a new buy/sell interface would be nice.

I agree with Gaz, if it's easier than ebay, I'm all for it. :cheers

I'm sure you'll offer wonderful services like insurance and buyer prottection too with that 25 cent fee of yours. Just curious but why would anyone use this as opposed to just posting a message in the forum?

Originally posted by gameboy900@May 8, 2003 @ 08:18 PM

I'm sure you'll offer wonderful services like insurance and buyer prottection too with that 25 cent fee of yours. Just curious but why would anyone use this as opposed to just posting a message in the forum?

organization and ease of use

although that does bring up a good point.

Half.com also processes the credit cards, produces communication and everything so it's extremely simple for both the buyer and seller.

Half.com has one fatal flaw, which is why I never will use it.

People don't de-list items when they are no longer for sale. I swear half of the items listed on half.com have since been sold on e-bay, garage sale, forgotten about, given away, decided to keep, etc. I've heard way to many stories of people who pay and never hear back from them. And they never got their money back either.

Lots of stuff on half.com has been listed for several years already. I just don't trust for sale listings that have been around for years (even one month) without proof that the lister is still committed to the sale.

It's like idiot garage sale people who never take down their signs after the sale is over.

Anyway, it would be pretty easy to remedy the situation. Have a system in place where if the item hasn't sold in a week or two, send an e-mail to the lister. If they don't reply confirming to keep it in like 3 days or something, then it is automatically delisted.

Also, my 2Â¥ on credit cards, if you can afford to pay cash/check for everything you buy, then you can afford to pay off your credit card every month. So what's the difference?

JMT.

Originally posted by Jedi Master Thrash@May 8, 2003 @ 10:23 PM

I've heard way to many stories of people who pay and never hear back from them. And they never got their money back either.

That's not true. I have done business with half.com before. The one time I never got my item, half.com refunded the money for the item.

It works like this: half.com lets the seller comply for 30 days. You then can

advise half.com that you never got your item via their feedback system. Then half.com will give the seller 3 days to contact you or the money is refunded.

Uh, the last time I checked VGR was still in beta. But correct me if I'm wrong
smile.gif
So of course its not at full power. Crips, they didn't even try yet!

And, if Iceman had credit card fraud with his store before, just wait till you see what kinds of L33T people he attracts now. Almost all the people here are just about the FTP forum, roms, or getting MODs. Virtualy everyone who put in something significant has left to create VGR.

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@May 9, 2003 @ 01:11 AM

smile.gif

laugh.gif
what exactly makes it "beta"? just 'cause you have it on the logo?

sounds more like an excuse

Originally posted by Lyzel+May 9, 2003 @ 01:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lyzel @ May 9, 2003 @ 01:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jedi Master Thrash@May 8, 2003 @ 10:23 PM

I've heard way to many stories of people who pay and never hear back from them. And they never got their money back either.

That's not true. I have done business with half.com before. The one time I never got my item, half.com refunded the money for the item.

It works like this: half.com lets the seller comply for 30 days. You then can

advise half.com that you never got your item via their feedback system. Then half.com will give the seller 3 days to contact you or the money is refunded. [/b][/quote]

I think those rules changes just recently

now it's more like standard eBay
sad.gif

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@May 9, 2003 @ 01:11 AM

smile.gif

And, if Iceman had credit card fraud with his store before, just wait till you see what kinds of L33T people he attracts now. Almost all the people here are just about the FTP forum, roms, or getting MODs. Virtualy everyone who put in something significant has left to create VGR.

While I disagree with the FTP forum, I doubt there are that many people that left to VGR. I mean, look at you.. what are you still doing here?? Besides, VGR is run by a bunch of 13 years old. It hardly has anybody. It's a ghost site.

Now shaddup and go to your beloved VGR, and stop wasting this forum's time.
smile.gif

Well I know a bunch of friends who come here, and the only reason they do is because they said this site is the only place where you can pirate the world and no one cares. Heck, I think some of them even added this place to TOP 10 warez or pirate voting sites to try and get more people to come and share rare games and stuff they want. Anyway, at the least Im sure I saw SX listed as a ROMz/iSO site on quite a few places.

Regarding people leaving, a large portion of people did go if I do recall. People like Arakon who used to help out with all sorts of hardware questions could hardly give a s*it now if someones 21 pin mod doesn't work.

Originally posted by MegaMixeD@May 9, 2003 @ 01:05 PM

Well I know a bunch of friends who come here, and the only reason they do is because they said this site is the only place where you can pirate the world and no one cares. Heck, I think some of them even added this place to TOP 10 warez or pirate voting sites to try and get more people to come and share rare games and stuff they want. Anyway, at the least Im sure I saw SX listed as a ROMz/iSO site on quite a few places.

yes that is sad

I think some of that crowd has died down lately around here

once people really find out what our rules actually are, they might be a little disappointed

Originally posted by racketboy+May 9, 2003 @ 04:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ May 9, 2003 @ 04:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cecilia Chen@May 9, 2003 @ 01:11 AM

smile.gif

laugh.gif

sounds more like an excuse [/b][/quote]

What makes VGR beta is the fact that it's not complete yet. Features are not implemented that we want to have implemented before a full media-driven launch is started. When those features are complete and working, the site will no longer be in beta.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey+May 9, 2003 @ 06:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkankinMonkey @ May 9, 2003 @ 06:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by racketboy@May 9, 2003 @ 04:26 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Cecilia Chen
@May 9, 2003 @ 01:11 AM

smile.gif

laugh.gif

What makes VGR beta is the fact that it's not complete yet. Features are not implemented that we want to have implemented before a full media-driven launch is started. When those features are complete and working, the site will no longer be in beta. [/b][/quote]

Well I think a lot of sites have features they haven't implemented.

Funny how none of these "features" are never discussed.

I think VGR has a nice concept, but it's not what you guys make it out to be,

I really tried to like it for a while, but it's gonna need some serious help to become great.

Lemme also say that people are what make a site great -- not just features

Originally posted by racketboy+May 9, 2003 @ 09:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ May 9, 2003 @ 09:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@May 9, 2003 @ 06:35 PM

Originally posted by racketboy@May 9, 2003 @ 04:26 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Cecilia Chen
@May 9, 2003 @ 01:11 AM

smile.gif

laugh.gif

What makes VGR beta is the fact that it's not complete yet. Features are not implemented that we want to have implemented before a full media-driven launch is started. When those features are complete and working, the site will no longer be in beta.

Well I think a lot of sites have features they haven't implemented.

Funny how none of these "features" are never discussed.

I think VGR has a nice concept, but it's not what you guys make it out to be,

I really tried to like it for a while, but it's gonna need some serious help to become great.

Lemme also say that people are what make a site great -- not just features [/b][/quote]

Actually the features are discussed. One of the main things that the site is lacking is the forum/site integration. Mowgli's been sick the past few weeks, and is goin on vacation now, so with him out of the picture for a while it's kinda hard to get a lot of stuff done. It's funny how you say we don't talk about it, when we do, you just don't pay attention, reading is an essential skill when using any public forum on the internet, I thought you'd know this.

I do (or did) read.

But most of what I do read on VGR bores me as of late.

Sorry if I'm not totally reading every post on the board.

Although lately I can visit a few times a month, read the 2 or 3 new posts and be caught up
laugh.gif

I knew about the problem with the site/forum interegration, but I didn't know that was a feature.
rolleyes.gif

I'm not usually one to be cynical, but you guys ask for it sometimes

Just because we don't tell you every little thing we add doesn't mean we are not talking about it ourselves. For the record there are several features that are currently on the board (most with at least some level of completion)

-Allow member reviews of individual games.

-Game series to link a particular series across platforms and generations

-A completely custom and fully integrated forum to replace our current stand by

-Greater user list options and additional trading options

-Many other smaller things I forget at the moment

At least when we announce a feature it stays and doesn't disappear or get unused after a couple weeks. *cough*live stream*cough* The site has a small user base mostly due to the fact that we are not actively advertising it beyone the ocasional mention here or word of mouth from current members. At least we don't need to be on any top10 warez lists to get traffic.

And of course we'd be glad to hear your suggestions (there's a reason we have that forum you know) to let us know how we can improve the site. Don't expect miracles, most of our time is spent entering games into the DB. It can take anywhere between 5 to 40 minutes per game, depending on how much accurate info we happen to have.

Ok enough of my rant. Peace.

Last time I checked, the regulars here didn't feel the need to pop into other sites only to throw around ill-informed accusations and make dicks of themselves.

I didn't think the FTP forum was such a hot idea to bring back, but the impact it has had has on the rest been minimal at worst.

If this site's so bad, leave it alone.

Uh... the last time I checked, the administration who contributed here in the past didn't ask for a dime. And all they got for their invested time and work was the middle finger, and a F*ck you later card.

Originally posted by Myname@May 9, 2003 @ 08:32 PM

Last time I checked, the regulars here didn't feel the need to pop into other sites only to throw around ill-informed accusations and make dicks of themselves.

I didn't think the FTP forum was such a hot idea to bring back, but the impact it has had has on the rest been minimal at worst.

If this site's so bad, leave it alone.

Sorry if it sounded like I sent the shit flying but I've kept quiet for a while but I have my limits. I felt compeled to defend at least some of the comments made about VGR. I stay here mostly to help people with problems or issues that are not related to anything to do with burning, ripping, etc. I selectively choose what posts I participate in. I can't speak for the others but I don't have any ill will towards the site. It's just that I've been here for a long time and I guess in a way it hurts seeing the same types of bad decisions being made. Thats why you will find my comments may not go along with the general posts of the newer people who don't know all the history this site has gone through. Having someone point out negative things about ideas helps to put them into perspective. I would love to see what ever happens with this live steam idea (still waiting) and the whole half.com jr thing. If history is anything to go by then not much will happen with both. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back