New Dreamcast Game

It's got a lot more to offer than your typical DDR game. They have a lot of good songs, some easy enough to get noobs started. It has a Typing of Fury mode which is a lot like the dance mode but with a keyboard. There are attacks you can launch against your opponent, great graphics, professional packaging, and one of the biggest features is you can add your own music. They have a step editor and the game lets you swap CDs. http://www.feetoffury.com/

Lazy/poor people can use the controller too. That's actually kind of good since I spend all day at work on my feet, so if I did feel like playing FoF after work I could do it with a controller.

Dan (Head of GOAT Store, who I am good friends with) showed me that about a month and a half ago. I checked it out. It seems cool. Did they ever release a dance pad for DC though? Was DDR ever released for DC in Japan at least?

I think they did have a pad, but it's more cost effective and you have more options if you just get a PSX adapter and use one of the many PSX/PS2 pads

As for DDR games, there was 2nd Mix and Club Mix released in Japan.

Yeah, I played FoF back when he first released the demo. That was actually some time ago... But anyway the final version has a lot more stuff. When I get money, I'm going to buy the final, it'll probably be pressed by then. Nice reasonable price, too. It'd be kind of funny to ask the guys at Funcoland or a similar used game store how much they'd give me for it...

Originally posted by Cloud121@May 28, 2003 @ 03:52 PM

Dan (Head of GOAT Store, who I am good friends with) showed me that about a month and a half ago. I checked it out. It seems cool. Did they ever release a dance pad for DC though? Was DDR ever released for DC in Japan at least?

Dreamcast dance pads can be found at Level Six.
wink.gif

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+May 29, 2003 @ 08:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ May 29, 2003 @ 08:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121@May 28, 2003 @ 03:52 PM

Dreamcast dance pads can be found at Level Six.
wink.gif
[/b][/quote]

*cough*

"Compatible with PS2, Playstation, and Dreamcast (with the included DC Super Converter)"

Not native DC dance pads. I have no idea which adapters work well with FoF, someone should ask Dan. I've heard some dont work so great, and with one it was mentioned had to be set to steering wheel.

I saw Dreamcast dance mats on eBay, no converter stuff in the way...but the converters work fine anyway...

Did I say they didn't exist? I was just making sure people knew that the ones at Level Six are PSX pads with a converter. They will probably work fine with FoF.

DC Pads exist, I have one but the damn thing slips around too much if you put in on a carpet. Make sure you put it on a good surface where it can grip like tile or such.

Konami made some really good quality soft dance mats for the DC. A person I know picked one up at the local import store for the hefty price of US$79.95. They work really well.

Originally posted by SegaFreak@Jun 17, 2003 @ 12:22 AM

Konami made some really good quality soft dance mats for the DC. A person I know picked one up at the local import store for the hefty price of US$79.95. They work really well.

Konami made some? Did they make them just to make them? or was there a game they made them for? Try playing something like Puyo Puyo DA with them.

Originally posted by SegaSquad+Jun 17, 2003 @ 05:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SegaSquad @ Jun 17, 2003 @ 05:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Konami made some? Did they make them just to make them? or was there a game they made them for? Try playing something like Puyo Puyo DA with them.[/b]

Like racket mentioned before, Konami made 2 DDRs for the Dreamiest, 2nd Mix and Club Mix.

Originally posted by crystalmethod@Jun 8, 2003 @ 09:24 PM

DC Pads exist, I have one but the damn thing slips around too much if you put in on a carpet. Make sure you put it on a good surface where it can grip like tile or such.

And if that doesn't work, you can always use some good ol' duct tape. Unless you don't want to mess up your pad or floor.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Jun 8, 2003 @ 11:01 AM

Did I say they didn't exist? I was just making sure people knew that the ones at Level Six are PSX pads with a converter. They will probably work fine with FoF.

They will most likely, 99%, work fine with Feet of Fury. Most of the time between the alpha-prerelease (almost a year ago) and the final release was testing the compatibility of various 3rd party dance mats, controllers, keyboards, VMUs, etc.

<!--QuoteBegin-Alexvrb
@May 29, 2003 @ 02:26 PM

Not native DC dance pads. I have no idea which adapters work well with FoF, someone should ask Dan. I've heard some dont work so great, and with one it was mentioned had to be set to steering wheel.[/quote]

My converter works fine, it's just not compatible with a VMU through FoF. Like I mentioned, most stuff will work with FoF.

I hope all you guys out there that haven't bought Feet of Fury yet will buy it now. It's not all that original, but hey, what game isn't nowadays? My favorite part about the game is that it was made in Linux with all free GNU licensed tools. Another great part is the fact that they don't use any licensed music like many other music games do. All of the music was made originally and specifically for this game. And lastly, if you get bored of the new music in the final release, you can make your own Swap CDs by just taking any .mp3 and converting it to .ogg and then making or getting a .dwi file for it. There is also unlockable content in the final release. If you can't tell that I like Feet of Fury, just look at my avatar.
laugh.gif

Support independent developers guys (and gals)! Happy gaming. :cheers

rant over

Back