New Forums

I figured out how vB stores it's avatar info in the DB and modified a few avatar's, notice Cloud121's is no longer huge. Maybe I'll make a batch converter that'll bring 'em all down to size. I did Runik's too.

I really like the new forums... but I was wondering did you turn the avatars off? I can't see images or avatars in any thread and was wondering if I had to click an option in the user CP or something.

They're off by default. Just go to your User CP and turn on avatars and sigs.

Will the background be black? Would be great gray, less contrast.

Edit: nice touch with the online/offline font.

I only see two buttons, and it's on all the other posts but mine. They are "Quote" and "Quick Reply".

That's it.

And I'm not showing up as invisible, when I specifically told it to do so in my settings.

Not being able to edit my posts is driving me nuts.

It seems that your account is a bit munted Cloud. I've tried changing your permissions and user group, but nothing seems to change the fact you have no edit button etc.

I wonder if it's something to do with the fact Rolf and Cloud were merged...

Well, I have to get used to the new forum. But seems like it already got better.

Having dialup, I don't see any speed difference. But the message editor is cool!

Unfortunately, I can't see any signatures in the threads...

To see both signatures and avatars you need to go to your User CP and turn them on.

There's no option to disable smilies, date format, clock format. The moderating options are available in all forums. I was also quite surprised to see lots of private messages I had deleted reappear in my inbox.

New forums are pretty decent. I like the buttons featuring Sega characters etc. Certainly some room for improvment but I imagine little bumps will get ironed out as time goes on.

Yeah, I had hoped to fix many of the bugs antime and ROTT mentioned before doing the conversion (I was aware of most of them), however as mentioned due to so many hacks recently we did need to move to vB. However most of the bugs are cosmetic, and shouldn't actually break anything. About the PM's, it seems when deleting them in IPB it does not actually delete them, so they're back. Sorry about that.

Back