New forums

I replaced some forum icons by Sega characters, I hope you like it
smile.gif

I'll try to add some more stuff later ...

Thank you Runik. I like them. Has anyone else had a problem with them though? I was having an issue with the sonic and tails one. It would be coloured showing I have unread posts but all the sub forums were marked as read. Prob a cookie/session problem? or something?

Amon said:
Thank you Runik. I like them. Has anyone else had a problem with them though? I was having an issue with the sonic and tails one. It would be coloured showing I have unread posts but all the sub forums were marked as read. Prob a cookie/session problem? or something?

The problem is fixed, I inverted both images in the database
tongue.gif

Anyway I added 2 more sets of icons to the board, with a randomiser ... so the board icons might sometimes change when you connect to SegaXtreme or you reload the main page
cool.gif

I let you discover the 2 other sets
wink.gif
(I will add some more when I'll get some time, and suggestions are of course welcome)

Edit : added Space Channel 5
smile.gif

Edit2 : added one more(total number of sets : 5)

Are the alternating images meant to indicate a section with unread posts? If so then I don't think they're working. It seems to be the same ones every time I visit the forum.

Kuta said:
Are the alternating images meant to indicate a section with unread posts? If so then I don't think they're working. It seems to be the same ones every time I visit the forum.

Nope. Alternate image = group category (ie with sub-forums), colored if unread messages, grayed otherwise.

Normal image works the same way. (colored = unread, grayed = read)

oh, well that makes sense. Unfortunately because this is a new forum all of them are marked as unread even though I have read them all. I tried to find a way of resetting them all to 'read' but couldn't figure out how to.

By the way Runik, the Forum Management menu at the bottom of the page has invisible menu items.

Kuta said:
oh, well that makes sense. Unfortunately because this is a new forum all of them are marked as unread even though I have read them all. I tried to find a way of resetting them all to 'read' but couldn't figure out how to.

On the main forum index, you have the "Mark Board As Read" option at the bottom of the page that does what you want
wink.gif

Kuta said:
By the way Runik, the Forum Management menu at the bottom of the page has invisible menu items.

Mmmh ... could you post a screenshot with an arrow to where invisible items are ? I can't seem to put my finger on it ...

You did a good job moving the site back to IPB, vBulletin seems to be going down hill since 4.0. I've read all sorts of stories about Internet Brands is treating their customers

Super Mr Average said:
You did a good job moving the site back to IPB, vBulletin seems to be going down hill since 4.0. I've read all sorts of stories about Internet Brands is treating their customers

Yes, the new site looks great. Well Done.

vB has definately taken a turn for the worse, they've forgotten what a forum is supposed to be and are trying to turn it into a social networking platform. I will be migrating my vB forum to Drupal in the near future, i've had enough.

Back