New PS2 Pic,

too bad it takes an external power supply.

Is it just me or is the Dreamcast still the smallest console that didn't need a power brick? Don't know if the PSOne needed one.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Sep 21, 2004 @ 06:13 PM

It's still fugly, the Japs will still kill each other to get one and it will still die as often as the big one.

The Japs? Is it still 1943? :huh:

Yes it will probably be a piece of junk.

My guess is that the reason as to why they're charging the same price, is to pay for the cost of making this so damn small.

Yeah, I have a feeling it'll break even EASIER than the old one...

Me wonders why they're releasing this NOW, as opposed at their next console launch.

Why must $ony continue to be in the gaming business? <_<

Ugh...

Yes the PSone had a seperate power supply. And I do believe the DC is the smallest (at least to my knowledge).

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sep 21, 2004 @ 10:07 PM

ummm if you wanna play FFXI yeah.... CLOUD(referring to your FF fan boyism)

I believe that has since become Phantasy Star Phanboyism?

:lol: :p

Although I do prefer being called "Cloud" than "Rolf".

:)

I think it's likely that these things are going to break down fairly easily. I'm sure the design has been streamlined, but manufacturers tend to skimp on the mechanical parts in cases like this.

Originally posted by it290@Sep 21, 2004 @ 09:01 PM

I think the Genesis 3 might even be a little smaller than the GC.

Nope it still has the external power brick like the previous versions. DC is the smallest console ever made with an powersupply inside.

In that case, how about the Nomad? It can play almost all Genesis games, you can hook up a second controller, and it can be plugged into a TV. I'd say that qualifies as a console.

It's still a handheld though. I don't know about you, but I don't really classify handhelds as game consoles.

But it's a handheld with all the capabilities of the Genesis 3, which is a console. Even with the Gen 3, I think if you added the power supply and the base unit together, it would still be smaller than the DC... although I'll concede that this is a pretty pointless discussion. ;)

I don't see the point of spending $150 for a PS2, when you can wait a year or so and get a PS3 for around $300. I mean, assuming they don't charge much more. And assuming it's backwards compatible.

I mean, that's what I'm planning to do. Does anyone agree that this makes some degree of sense?

Back