New PS2 Pic,

ya....if it's completely backwards compatable. I am prob. gunna get one, but don't know if I wanna pay 150 for it, might give it a lil while till they drop it down to 100 even.

Also, isn't the hdd used for different things besides ff11? I was thinkin there were a couple of games that used it, I dunno though, can anyone fill me in?

Resident Evil Outbreak uses it, although it's not required. I think FF11 may be the only game that requires it.

I believe the main reason they're not using it is because the HD can be used to download games to your PS2, similar to way the Xbox HD.

This is also probably why Microsoft will most likely be removing the hard drive from the Xbox 2.

Originally posted by it290@Sep 23, 2004 @ 03:09 PM

Resident Evil Outbreak uses it, although it's not required. I think FF11 may be the only game that requires it.

NFL 2K5 uses it as well, so you can get real highlight videos, as opposed to still images during the Halftime and Post Game show.

I'm tempted to shell out for it and the Network Adaptr, so I can get the replays, and also so my PS2 can be complete.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Sep 23, 2004 @ 06:13 PM

I am sure someone will make a USB HDD for it or something if there is enough interest.

That won't help if the games don't have drivers for it. USB isn't some magical plug that just works...it still needs drivers.

could there be other ways besides USB though? If not, oh well, isn't like I play FF11 or will prob. have any of the games that use it. Would just be nice to have it incase

Rumor has it that the pseudo-PCMCIA bus still exists inside the console and just wasn't brought out to a connector. Even if it's true, taking advantage of it would be annoying - at the very least you'd have to install a connector on the system and install a matching connector on the Network Adapter.

Back