New Saturn Music Section?

that's pretty cool.

Keep the music coming!

Any way to get music from other systems, like the DC?

Jet Grind Radio & Space Channel 5 anyone?
smile.gif

Sure

Space is the hardest problem though :\

But if things go like the last time I should have plenty
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by racketboy@Oct. 02 2002, 1:03 am

last time?

Probably last time as in "we used to have a Sega Music section which covered Saturn and Genesis games."

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Oct. 01 2002, 7:22 pm

It's making a comeback.

What game soundtracks would you like to see up?

Shining the Holy Ark

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Street Fighter Zero 3

smile.gif

Castlevania: Nocturne in the Moonlight

and....

for some reason I remember Mystaria/Blazing Heroes' music being really good...

Originally posted by SilentSnipeR@Oct. 04 2002, 11:26 am

if anyone says daytona they will bhe attacked with a rusty meat cleaver!
angry.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Rolllllllling STAAAAAAAAAAAAART!

biggrin.gif

praise be unto the iceman for the return of a great idea

i second darius gaiden and add to that darius 2 (music reminds me so much of metroid)

nights (only track 19 though)

silowette mirage

and

GODDAMNIT I HATE THE ****ING MUSIC ON DAYTONA, ALL OF THEM, THEY ALL SUCK!

g a m e o v e r

gameover

PDS: Memorial Album! PDS: Memorial Album! PDS: Memorial Album! PDS: Memorial Album! PDS: Memorial Album! PDS: Memorial Album! PDS: Memorial Album! PDS: Memorial Album! PDS: Memorial Album! PDS: Memorial Album!...

....or Daytona.

shinrei jusaishi taumaro

from the d.c. side

mars matrix and rez

though i've messed around with a *gkkk* pirated copy of rez and i couldn't find any adx/asf/asm/ect. files, just some midi sequences

Two things...

1. the music from Daytona USA CCE is completely remixed with some new tracks and much, MUCH more listenable than the original Daytona USA music. Gone are the wailing voices :)

2. Actually, this whole thread... is this about music OTHER than what you hear during the actual games? If not, aren't we basically ripping the CDDA tracks from Saturn games and putting them up in the music section?

...As for music not in CDDA format (synthesized during game)... would we have volunteers recording it from their Saturns and encoding it to MP3, then? (I might volunteer for that...)

Originally posted by sizone@Oct. 06 2002, 3:04 am

though i've messed around with a *gkkk* pirated copy of rez and i couldn't find any adx/asf/asm/ect. files, just some midi sequences

Yep, AFAIK the music is synthesized, probably due to the dynamic nature of it. If you could find the samples you could try to set up a soundbank to play it as the game does, but I can't recall if the "explosion" soundtrack was included in those files or if it is separated. You would miss out on the aiming effects, as they are completely player-controlled.

i haven't been able to adequately parse midi files since i had a performa 550 and a casitone way back in 94-95. honestly midi software baffles and bugs me which is weird considering how many thousands of hours i've logged making music with digital audio proggys.

Sorry about the delay in getting the stuff posted. I have a couple uploaded but have to make the html. I have been sick this past week and dont feel up to making the html. Hopefully later this week I will.

Later for now.

Back