New Sega hardware?

Myname

Established Member
Check out the story over at Spong. Even if there's only a small chance, I'm excited
smile.gif

....anyone else see this part tho........

if you click on the pic of Mr Naka then scroll down on the next page........it says 'Sega shocks – Crazy Taxi 4 and new NiGHTS scrapped'

NEW NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!....this is the first i've heard of it!

Originally posted by Gaz_2_k@May 20, 2003 @ 07:00 PM

....anyone else see this part tho........

if you click on the pic of Mr Naka then scroll down on the next page........it says 'Sega shocks – Crazy Taxi 4 and new NiGHTS scrapped'

NEW NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!....this is the first i've heard of it!

I was mentioned on the news page a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think it was really scrapped. They just never started it and they don't plan to in the near future.

bummer

How are they going to do it when they can't even make money on software?

[wild ass guess]

Perhaps if Sega DID merge with Microsoft (or get bought out, or whatever), MS would release its Xbox2 with Sega's name on it and call it something else (not DC2 since everyone would be reminded of the early demise of the DC).

[/wild ass guess]

But then Sega would have to do something major to regain the trust of the people. After SegaCD, 32x, Saturn, and the DC it would be hard to gain the faith of the masses again.

Please make another console! Please please pleeeeeease!!! :cheers I don't care if they call it the Dreamcast 2! Just make a console!

Originally posted by Quadriflax@May 20, 2003 @ 08:15 PM

But then Sega would have to do something major to regain the trust of the people. After SegaCD, 32x, Saturn, and the DC it would be hard to gain the faith of the masses again.

BALLS!
angry.gif

i'm remaining loyal to sega all the way....win or loose!

well, I would rather em stay just software then merge w/ M$........THAT would be the day SEGA was lost. if they merged w/ sumone....

I think that goes without saying for most of us.

but he said the "general public"

I hate reading business articles about video games when they always say "the defunct Dreamcast" or "after the failure of the Dreamcast". They make it sound like the system was crap or something.

It makes me cringe to. Bu what makes me crap the most is when you would ask a blockbuster or EB employee why the dreamcast died ..

Idiots

Originally posted by Zheræ@May 20, 2003 @ 03:47 PM

Naomi 2 at home?!? Sure sounds good hope SEGA goes with it.

That's just the people at Spong speculating. Naomi 2 wouldn't a good choice now.

There's always the chance that Sega could be profitable without aggressively going after a big market share, which they'd probably not be successful in doing. SNK did fine for many years catering to a small but loyal fanbase, and that was with games costing hundreds each.

If Sega approached it in a realistic sort of way, rather than blow millions on advertising in a futile effort to dethrone Sony, I think they could at least make a decent go of it.

Agreed, if they are going to do, they need to REALLY think it out and learn how to get the best advertising w/o spending a lot of money. Basically they are the complete opposite of M$, great games no money. Whereas M$ has TONZ of money but can't make a decent game to save it's life....you think with that much money they would be able to put out a decent game¿

SEGA needs to bring their name back and make some damn money before they start thinking about a hardware platform. Right now a lot of casual gamers don't even know SEGA exist anymore. They need to grab a decent market share of the software market, and stick to one thing at a time.

I think that if sega were bent on making a re-entry into the console parket, they should definately start with a handheld. With the recent slew of new handhelds (N-gage, SP, and more recently pocket pcs have been popular as gaming units) I dont think people would really care if it were sega or not as long as it was solid. The way I see it, the only way this supposed new handheld could be effected by carrying the sega name was if people bought it BECAUSE it was sega but i doubt people wouldn't buy it because it was sega, only because it were shitty.

Dont you agree? And Also, in response to my own last statement, I highly doubt that it would be shitty at all so the way I see it, this could work.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@May 21, 2003 @ 12:21 PM

I think that if sega were bent on making a re-entry into the console parket, they should definately start with a handheld. With the recent slew of new handhelds (N-gage, SP, and more recently pocket pcs have been popular as gaming units) I dont think people would really care if it were sega or not as long as it was solid. The way I see it, the only way this supposed new handheld could be effected by carrying the sega name was if people bought it BECAUSE it was sega but i doubt people wouldn't buy it because it was sega, only because it were shitty.

Dont you agree? And Also, in response to my own last statement, I highly doubt that it would be shitty at all so the way I see it, this could work.

:agree Sega could have a chance in the handheld market. The only drawback are the people that remember the GameGear, and how most people were attracted to the Gameboy even though it had no backlight and was a B&W system with dot matrix sound. I think Mr.Moustache has a good point also. Not many people out there (mostly youngin's) don't give a crap about Sega cause they don't know anything about it or have never even heard about it. I don't know if it's such a good idea for Sega to have a go in the handheld market right now with Sony and Nokia throwing their handhelds at the consumer public. Like I stated before, I really don't care what Sega decides to do, I'm still behind them all the way.

Back