New Sonic Anime?

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Feb 23, 2003 @ 11:53 PM

Anybody know anything about this?

I have no idea.
sad.gif

.....i do.......

At this time, all it's known as is Sonic Anime X, it's due out around april in japan. Sonic and his friends came to Earth through an accident. He can also turn into Super Sonic using the power of the chaos emeralds. (I smell a Kirby plot)

logotn.jpg

THE CAST

grouptn.jpg

From left to right: Knuckles, Amy, Chris, Sonic, Tails, Cheese, Cream, and Eggman in the back.

MORE CAST

shadowtn.jpg

007tn.jpg

nazotn.jpg

From what i've already heard This guy shows up at the end of the pilot ep....Friend or foe, it's unknown....rouge is also in the series!

Chris saves sonic from drowing in the 1st ep.....

sonicchristn.jpg

Right thats all I know....anyone wanna add stuff what i missed?!?
biggrin.gif

I hope this isn't anything like sonic underground...lol...sonic with syblings playing music? Seriously, who thinks of these things.

The Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon that was on when I was a kid was amazing... nayone remember that one? I even have a couple of episodes downloaded, I should get them all
smile.gif

'Sonic- hes the fastest thing alive, the fastest thing alive, the fastest thing aliveeeeeeeee'

I hope he gets a good voice and he's a badass again, otherwise Ill be really dissapointed. What do you guys think about sonic coexisting with people, the original he lived just with animals and Eggman & Smythe were the only people. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

---Ammut

I thought sonic underground was cool. What I don't like though is how after sonic adventure they tried to hip him all up. He kinda came out wrong as this rad punk d00d in adventure but they toned him down just enough in adventure 2. And those sonic cartoon where he's on a sort of poorly drawn mobious ruled. Kinda childish but they were cool too.

Originally posted by Curtis@Apr 16, 2003 @ 11:33 AM

Great...the two most superfluous Sonic related characters ever...

yeah I can never figure out why they had to come up with dumb characters like that

I expect this Sonic series to do much better then any past series. Sonic Team is working closely with the producers, unlike any of the other Sonic series (Adventures of Sonic (two stupid robots), Sonic (the decent one ABC aired), ..whatever that other one is that had singing O_O; and the first anime series in Japan) Sonic Team is making sure the story stays in line with the games from now on, so it should be extremely interesting to watch.

Sonic needs a bad ass voice, one that is WAY better then the Dreamcast English game voice. Perhaps I could be his voice! j/k lol I should do a recordingc

Originally posted by TheXev@Apr 16, 2003 @ 06:06 PM

I expect this Sonic series to do much better then any past series. Sonic Team is working closely with the producers, unlike any of the other Sonic series (Adventures of Sonic (two stupid robots), Sonic (the decent one ABC aired), ..whatever that other one is that had singing O_O; and the first anime series in Japan) Sonic Team is making sure the story stays in line with the games from now on, so it should be extremely interesting to watch.

Sonic needs a bad ass voice, one that is WAY better then the Dreamcast English game voice. Perhaps I could be his voice! j/k lol I should do a recordingc

well....i've downloaded the first 2 episodes from the net already (ep 1 subbed/ep 2 not...) and i must say i was engrossed in it from the intro! this is the best one so far! (i i thought SatAM was good!!!!)

The japanese voice of sonic (if i'm not mistaken) IS the same as the one in SA2....(could be SA1).......they should get the guy who did his voice for SatAM to do the english dubb

Originally posted by Gaz_2_k@Apr 16, 2003 @ 02:44 PM

well....i've downloaded the first 2 episodes from the net already (ep 1 subbed/ep 2 not...) and i must say i was engrossed in it from the intro! this is the best one so far! (i i thought SatAM was good!!!!)

The japanese voice of sonic (if i'm not mistaken) IS the same as the one in SA2....(could be SA1).......they should get the guy who did his voice for SatAM to do the english dubb

I personally donft think Jaleel White (played also played eSteve Urkalf on Family Matters) will ever play Sonic the Hedgehog again, and if Jamal was cast the part again, I would only hope he would his natural voice for the part of Sonic (which is pretty cool). The JAPANESE voice for Sonic is the same in SA1 and SA2 as in the anime, Ifm sure, but the English voice (the entire English cast, in fact) is completely different for SA2.

As we all know, the English cast for the games completely stink (whoever cast Amy should be shot in the foot), so if/when this series comes state side, we could only hope that Vancouverfs Ocean Group (Gundamn Wing, first seasons of DBZ, may others) or another reputable dubber ended up in charge of the series (I believe Ocean Group was in charge of the voices for the 3ed US Sonic series, the one with all of that singing or whatnot. Brain Drummond (DBZ first Vegita, Gundamn Wing as Zex) was cast as Knuckles if I remember correctly. Although Ifve never seen the show, I would think Brain would make one kick ass Knuckles.

rolleyes.gif
cant be as bad as all that can it? i've seen games with worse voice overs...(megaman x4...X had a girl's voice....)

PS......i'm close to 200 posts...when do i level up again? (Virtua Fighter -> ??? - xxx# posts)

Back