Newb With EMU Question

Ok, I am a complete rube when it comes to using Satourne. The deal is, I have a number of original Saturn discs that I would like to play without having to hook up my original system. There are just too many boxes hooked up already, and one more is just a pain.

So, is it possible to run an original, factory disc with the Satourne EMU, or does one have to consolidate the disc into a single ISO or BIN file? With my ignorant tinkering, I have not been able to get an original disc to run. Any suggestions?

Satourne will run original discs just fine. Make sure you have the Saturn BIOS files. Also, if you use Win XP/2000/NT you may need to download forceASPI (google it
smile.gif
) in order for your CD drive to be recognised. Don't expect miracles from the emulator though, you need a beefy PC (1.5Ghz+ from memory) to approach playable speeds, and compatibility isn't anywhere near perfect yet...

Even with a cutting edge PC, playing games on Satourne will be nothing like playing on a Saturn. I don't think it even has sound emulation yet.

Oh, sir, it's only a tiny, little, thin console?

Ah, ok. Thx much for the responses. i still have one question tho'.

The EMU seems to recognize the CD drive ok (I have Win 98, OS). I guess I just don't know what file to execute to initiate the actual load of the game. For example, I put in the original Panzer Dragoon. In the window for the Satourne CD file selector, it only seems to want to recognize ISO and BIN files. There are, of course, no such files on the original Panzer disc. Am I missing something here?

You'll kick youself when you read this, but all you need to do is insert a CD and click "RUN" (it's on the main window).
smile.gif

more reasons to get a saturn hooked into your pc... "Play games whenever you want while your busy on the computer ;)" "Capture gameplay and anime in the games" "Wow thats damn cool how did you do that" respsonses from friends.

Originally posted by Moon Knight@Jan. 06 2003, 5:33 am

more reasons to get a saturn hooked into your pc... "Play games whenever you want while your busy on the computer ;)" "Capture gameplay and anime in the games" "Wow thats damn cool how did you do that" respsonses from friends.

Eh? What's that got to do with RyoGeo's problem?

Back